We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sigulda the city 53 KM from Riga (pictures and movies)

Riga, Latvia
Level Contributor
82 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sigulda the city 53 KM from Riga (pictures and movies)

hello, I traveled to Sigulda some days ago and took many pictures and movie of this amazing place

if you are a fan of nature and country side view than I very much recommend on visiting this city.

I also invite people to see pictures and movies that I made in Sigulda here: playriga.com/index/outside-of-riga/sigulda

enjoy your trip to Sigulda :)

b.t.w there are many mosquitoes there, one person told me that Sigulda is considered the "capital city of mosquitoes" :)

I try to find something that can help against them since these mosquitoes are very annoying while you travel and try to enjoy the country side, until now I did not find anything that can protect against them... I tried 2 products and they did not work... more information in the page above...

I'd appreciate it if somebody can tell me what is good to use in order to be protected from them, and also something that I can buy in Latvia

thanks

Edited: 10:44 am, June 02, 2011
Vejen, Denmark
Destination Expert
for Riga
Level Contributor
1,318 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Sigulda the city 53 KM from Riga (pictures and movies)

Yes can only agree that Sigulda is worth a day visit - the forrest with river and ofcourse the old templar castle ruins with a beautiful view over the river vally!

But also the big Gutmanis Cave (with the legend of Maija) is a point to see.

About mosquitos...they just like some people better than other - I found out (from Turkey) that eating a lot of garlic keep the most of them away ;)

buseurope.eu
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Sigulda the city 53 KM from Riga (pictures and movies)

you can also rent a tent ( and other camping supplies like boats, etc), so you don't have to take it back with you. there are a couple of companies that do tht in Riga. one is on Tallinas street. I can find their contacts if you need tht, they don't have a website though.

13. Re: Sigulda the city 53 KM from Riga (pictures and movies)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, October 04, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Riga