We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

excursions

Which Riga hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
liverpool
4 posts
Save Topic
excursions

hi

i am looking for a few good things to do in riga as we are going for a friends 30th birthday

any ideas of what a bunch of late 20ish men can

i've heard you can arrange a trip to shooting range

some leads would be much appreciated

thanks

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: excursions

david

going there early Nov and been trying to find info myself. No leads yet although I have been told the shooting ranges are not that well run.

I will let you know after our trip if thats not too late.

OR ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE HELP US

essex uk
12 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: excursions

going to riga 24/10 will be going to shooting range from new zealand so i am familar with guns and ranges will let you know where we went and how safe

essex uk
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: excursions

david

just got back from riga great city best round of drinks for 3 beers 1.50 near central station worst round 9.00 in dolls watch buying drinks for the girls in the strip clubs 20lats for oj and grenadine you dont pay untill you leave the private dances are not worth it much better to make a phonecall if you need somthing like that better value we went to the range advertised in riga this week mag i would not have been comfterable with it if i was not already familar with guns they insisted on loading for you and was handed a weapon with safety catch off and one up the spout the locals walk with attitude try walking through you the food is good and reasonbly priced smokes camel 70p average beer 1.20 shop around for the best rate for moneychanging marika was the best i found even the locals dont drink the tap water we stayed in a two bed apartment 45£ a night was clean and safe metal door but a little sparten post another note if their is anything else i can help with going back in march

richard

Stevenage, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: excursions

thanks for the info .

We are going next friday the 4th Nov. Playing safe and going karting instead of shooting.We have also arranged a night out with outthere riga so i will let you know how it goes.

Staying in the Domina Plaza there is only one report back on this hotel so far(fairly new hotel) but it is positive .

What were the best bars ?

cheers

Martin

essex uk
12 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: excursions

cant really advise about the bars as we went midweek the dickens pub does an english breakfast thats not too bad and paddy somthing across the road does an irish one try the black balsam tastes like cough mixture but after i had drunk it i couldnt stop laughing for hours just about didnt let me on the plane home thought i was drunk i wasnt just laughing riga is a great city will be going back dress warm as the wind cuts like a knife

richard

6. Re: excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:20 am, February 04, 2006
Get answers to your questions about Riga