We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nd 2 choose in betwn Tallinn(Estonia) or Bratislava(Slovakia

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Topic
Nd 2 choose in betwn Tallinn(Estonia) or Bratislava(Slovakia

Hi, am finalising my eastern Europe travel itinerary for end August/early Sept. My wife & I have decided to visit Riga in Latvia, Warsaw/Krakow/Gdansk in Poland & Budapest in Hungary. We are

still undecided whether to spend 3 additional nights in Tallinn(Estonis) or in Bratislava(Slovakia)?

My wife & I prefer visiting cities which are very lively, vibrant & exciting. A city that not just has historic monuments, museums & beautiful architecture to offer, but which also has lots of interesting walking streets, cafes, restaurants & main squares & local markets where we can experience the local culture & dwell in the local atmosphere, enjoy bit of shopping at quaint shops, enjoy the nightlife. So which city would we enjoy more?? TALLINN OR BRATISLAVA OR BOTH???

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
119 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Nd 2 choose in betwn Tallinn(Estonia) or Bratislava(Slovakia

Hi MumbaiHemant - of your planned destinations, I have visited Tallinn and Budapest. Both wonderful, wonderful cities with plenty of great experiences and nice scenic views, so you have chosen well. As this is the Estonia/Tallinn forum, I don't want to go off-topic and start talking too much about Budapest, but you are most welcome to send me a private message with any specific questions you want to ask me.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Nd 2 choose in betwn Tallinn(Estonia) or Bratislava(Slovakia

Hello MumbaiHemant, I visited Tallinn, Krakow and Bratislava.

I think you can go to Bratislava for a half day on your way to Budapest (they probably have some boat trips - I came there last year by boat from Vienna), but there is not much to see in Bratislava for more than a day, unless you go to some places far from the city. Krakow is more interesting, in my opinion. And I think Tallinn is the best, though I visited it long ago. I plan to go there this December (thats how I got into this forum).

There are lots of places to see, and I think three days could be packed with activities! Enjoy!

mumbai
Level Contributor
139 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Nd 2 choose in betwn Tallinn(Estonia) or Bratislava(Slovakia

Thanks for your post......much obliged

14. Re: Nd 2 choose in betwn Tallinn(Estonia) or Bratislava(Slovakia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 14, 2014