We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tallinn shopping?

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jarvenpaa, Finland
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tallinn shopping?

Help needed for shopping :)

I've been in Tallinn for like 30 times or something, but I have always been around the tourist locations where everything is about the same price in Finland.

Some say all prices are all the same as in Finland and some say they are not, so which one is it?

Where can I find the most inexpensive clothing and shoes in Tallinn?

Is there any place for XL size men/women clothing?

My gf dad has bought some good Emmental kind of cheese from Tallinn, it was a whole round cheese like 5kg or something and it was cheap. Does anyone have any idea what it was and where can I find it for him(he really wants it :D) and what is the price now days? :D

Any other shopping tips for Tallinn? :)

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
563 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tallinn shopping?

Hi Janne,

I suggest visiting shopping centers "Kristiine Keskus" (10 minutes walk or 5 minutes bus ride from the old town) or "Ulemiste Keskus" (between the city center and the airport).

In Ulemiste, there is a shop with big sizes. There is also a shop with XL sizes on Parnu Maantee, about 15 minutes walk from the old town: http://www.bigmoda.ee/contact_ee.html

Other cheap clothes can be found from different second hand stores.

Tartu, Estonia
Level Contributor
935 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tallinn shopping?

For cheap clothes you could check out Humana, which is a second-hand clothing chain. For new clothes, you wont find them any cheaper than in Finland. However, if you are looking for cheap, unfashionable clothes you can look in the central market by the bus station - I bet you have that kind of thing in Finland though anyway. Ulemiste centre has all the international brands too.

That cheese could be any kind of generic Estonian cheese, but you can browse a big selection at the central market while you are looking for clothes. Alternatively, check out the Sadama Turg http://www.sadamaturg.ee which is kind of a farmers market, where you can get cheese direct from dairy producers.

Jarvenpaa, Finland
Level Contributor
121 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tallinn shopping?

Thanks you for the tips, we are probably visiting Kristiine Keskus and Rocca Al Mare. :)

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
563 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tallinn shopping?

In that case you can use the free bus which runs from Ferry terminals > Rocca Al Mare > Kristiine Keskus.

For big sizes however the shop on Parnu Maantee and in Ulemiste Keskus are the only ones I've seen which really are specialized in it.

Level Contributor
3 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tallinn shopping?

Kroon or euro?

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
563 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tallinn shopping?

Level Contributor
3 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tallinn shopping?

Thanks.

8. Re: Tallinn shopping?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, March 08, 2014