We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

Sweden
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Topic
Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

Hi!

I will be in Tallinn on Christmas on the 24th and 25th. I know many places are closed but what are most likely open. I am really asking becayuse it seems se be very cold so finding some shops, cafes, or anything to go in and get warm would be nice. Im mostly thinking about old town. I know that in the harbour area were my hotel is that Statoil station is open and of course ferry terminal. But what about like near the big square?

Tallinn, Estonia
Destination Expert
for Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
570 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

The Christmas time is besides summer the most popular time for tourists to visit Tallinn, so everything in the touristy places will definitely be open!

Museums might close earlier on 24th and be closed on 25th, but restaurants and bars should be open throughout the holidays.

Norde Centrum (small shopping center in the harbour area) should also be open on both days (but with limited opening hours probably).

Have a nice stay in Tallinn!

Edited: 3:54 am, December 17, 2012
Sweden
Level Contributor
102 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

Thanks for your answer. There reason for me to ask was that in most places in Sweden (if not all), even touristy places like old town in Stockholm, are closed on the 25th. Was wondering if it was the same in Tallinn.

Tallinn, Harjumaa...
Level Contributor
56 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

I am sure that most of the places are open during holidays. Supermarkets close slightly earlier and restaurants in Old Town are open to visitors. Museums are usually closed.

Have a nice stay in Tallinn and Merry Christmas!

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

What about the Christmas market? Does it close early on December 24th and is it open on 25th? Thank you.

New York
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

Also, we would like to visit Kiek in de Kök and Bastion Tunnels, but the website says that it is closed on public holidays. So, is the Boxing Day, December 26th, considered a public holiday? Does it mean that Kiek in de Kök and Bastion Tunnels will be closed for 4 days from Monday to Thursday (23rd is Monday, and they are closed on Mondays also). Those are the 4 days we plan to spend in Tallinn and think this attraction might be interesting, especially for kids. Would really appreciate any reply!

6. Re: Places open on 24 and 25th in Tallinn (Old Town)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, June 13, 2014