We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

Hi,

Im looking at getting the train from St Petersburg to Tallinn. I know Go Rail have the service running now:

http://www.gorail.ee/

However as its not in English i use google translate and i cant seem to get right to the end? I can get to the point where i see the prices then i have no idea where to go from there?

Has anyone used this site, is it ok? is there any other why i can buy tickets for this train service?

Many thanks in advance!

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

GoRail website doesn't allow to purchase ticket online, so you either will have to use RZD (Russian Railways) website, which isn't in English either or just don't worry about in advance purchase and buy your ticket already at the station in St.Petersburg

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

Thank you for the reply!

I didn't realise i could buy the tickets there? that's very helpful.

Ive been told the train leaves from a certain station not directly in the centre? is this true, do you know which station i need to buy the tickets from?

Europe
Level Contributor
538 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

Buying tickets from the ticket counter is an old and most reliable way to purchase your ticket, especially in Eastern Europe and Russia ;)

In cities like St.Petersburg or Moscow there is not really one central station, there are numerous stations which serve certain directions. And it is usually rather logic taking into consideration amount of passengers and trains. In a case of train to Tallinn it departs from the so called Vitebsk direction train station (St.Petersburg-Vitebskyj), which is more or less still city centre

London, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

Great help!

Thanks again

BJ

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
9 posts
656 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

Go Rail is a sister company of Go Travel, a well established and respected agency in Tallinn. I purchased tickets on the Tallinn-St. Petersburg train a couple of months ago for a trip about one month ago.. It was all simple and efficient.

For the convenience of anyone reading this in the future, their website is http://eng.gotravel.ee/our-services/tickets/

Following is Ms. Somer's kind reply to my initial inquiry from which I purchased. Everything worked out extremely well and simply:

====================================

Hello from Go Travel!

Thank you for your request.

It is possible to book train tickets from Tallinn to St.Petersburg. Bookings and rates are available starting from 45 days prior to departure date. For the time being the price of a first class ticket is 31 €/ticket including service fee and the 2nd class ticket is 28 €/ticket including service fee. Price are subject to change.

* 1st cass: leather seats, tables. Bar with drinks and snacks is in this carriage. One hot drink (a cup of coffee or tea) is included in the 1st class ticket price.

* 2nd class: canvas seats without tables. No drinks included in the price. It is possible to go to the bar in 1st class carriage and purchase drinks and snacks.

Wifi in both carraiges.

Train departs Tallinn at 07.23 in the morning (local time) and arrives in St.Petersburg at 15.55 (Moscow time). Length of journey is 6 hrs and 32 min.

-------------------------------

If you want to buy tickets, please let me know first and last names of both passengers. Please also give me contact person´s mobile number.

Payment: bank transfer according to our e-invoice or by credit card.

For Credit card payment we shall send the Credit Card authorization form which we kindly ask you to fill in and send back signed by fax +372 631 0159 or by e-mail. We also need credit card copy both sides and credit card holder´s passport copy with photo for identification.

When the tickets have been paid and money has arrived on out account, I shall send the confirmation and voucher. You will get the tickets in the carriage from the employee there.

If you need more information, please send me an e-mail.

Best regards and have a nice week-end,

====================================

6. Re: Go Rail Help! St Petersburg to Tallinn!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 03, 2014