We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Tallin

Helsinki
2 posts
Save Topic
Living in Tallin

Hi,

I am looking to move to Tallin with my family. Are there any british/international persons out there who can give some advise about what to expect? I was there for the first time about five years ago and then again a couple of weeks ago, I could not believe how much the city had changed in such a little time!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
63 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Living in Tallin

and it keeps changing!!! But hotelstallinn is your guy...he'll tell you all about what to expect

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
63 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living in Tallin

being a local, i can't compare tallinn to any other city, but i guess most things are a lot cheaper here

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Living in Tallin

Take your time in looking for apartments or houses in Tallinn. Many apartments/houses for rent.

It is a rental market. As so many apartments being built on speculation of renting them.

If you go through an agent do not pay more than two weeks rent for them finding you an apartment.

A friend of mine pay nothing last month as the owner of the property paid the agent as people are desperate to rent there apartments.

A lot of expats normally meet up at mollies or pit-stop for a drink regular.

Schools is a different matter and depends on the age of your children. My young daugther goes to a Estonian Kindagarden, which I am very happy with. Many central kindagardens are full, you will have to meet with director of school and come to somekind of agreement to advance your child up the list.

Not that many expats living in Tallinn, but a very friendly group there is.

Good luck in your new venture.

Hotelstallinn