We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalev Hotel

England
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kalev Hotel

Hi

I'm looking to stay at the Kalev Spa Hotel this year. Has anyone stayed there and any comments please?

Thanks

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kalev Hotel

Walked around the hotel last week, very nice. The hotel has just completed the contruction of the complex. The swimming pool areas where not opened yet. But the pool looked great.

England
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kalev Hotel

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Do you know when it will be fully open? I'm coming to Tallinn in June and am looking for a hotel with a triple room - 3 separate beds - any ideas?? I don't want an appartment, had a bit of a bad time with one last year. Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Tallinn
Tallinn
Harju County, Estonia
Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kalev Hotel

The pool area and complex will be fully operational by the end of the month from my understanding.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
63 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kalev Hotel

Hi,

Kalev doesn't seem to have rooms with 3 separate beds, but I'm sure and extra bed will fit in.

As far as the pool is concerned, I have a feeling the spa(with the hotel) will become the hot-spot for the Finns. They are known for loving our spas, but so far all of the spas are located outside the centre. Now, with this huge complex right in the Old Town they'll be in heaven. Finns can be extremely noisy, annoy other guests, get drunk and fool around in the lobby...

but who knows, maybe they'll change

Chamiga

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kalev Hotel

Kalev Spa hotel, doing the normal hotel thing, soft opening. I have walked around the hotel on three occasions now. I like the hotel.

Swimming Pool complex open now.

I also took my 3yrs Old daugther to the Swimming Pool complex which she and I loved.

The breakdown of finns to other tourists from other countries does not depend upon agents, internet reservation site etc. Its the hotel that decides upon there allocation of rooms and the reservation it takes.

Yes it will be popular with finns, but so is the Viru, Tallink and all of the Reval hotel group.

The noise factor is normally based upon group arrivals and departures.

But in the end, Yes I do agree Finns can be noisey.

England
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kalev Hotel

We are planning to stay at the Kalev Spa in May, it sounds very nice. Looking forward to it. Are the rooms nice? - They only have artist impressions on their website.

Level Contributor
429 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kalev Hotel

Rooms look like the artistic impressions

except for the size of TV's are much smaller.

The standard rooms are like picture three from the left, if you click on the hotel on this site.

Will be a popular hotel for the group market, from finland and UK.

FOR YOUR INFO:

The Swimming pool area, is for public and hotel visitors so it will get very busy. This is because the hotel was built around the Tallinn public swimming pool, and the agreement was that locals had to still be able to use the pool area.