We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

Scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

Do all Eurolines buses from Riga stop at the Viru hotel,near the old town, or can anyone advise the numbers of the ones that don't. I need to be sure of these before I book with Eurolines online. Travelling on the 10th August

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

Hello,

Buses to Riga does not have stops in town. It goes directly from the Central Bus Station (Str Lastekodu 46). Buses nr 140, 149, 240, 249 have stop in a passenger port (Port D, Port A). All time tables you can find on http://www.eurolines.ee/index.php?action=2

Regards,

Tanya

Scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

Taya,

Is it possible to walk from the port A OR port D to the Old town?

Which port is nearer? I will not have a lot of luggage.

Thank You

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

The passenger port located just a few hundred meters north of Old Town. From Old Town, terminal D can take roughly ten minutes longer to reach by foot than the A terminal.

Regards,

Scotland
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

Taya,

I'm heading for Vana Tom hostel. Can you give me some basic street directions. I've got a Tallinn map - its just I'll be walking this at night - my bus arrives 2330. Thanks for all your help

Tallinn, Estonia
Level Contributor
119 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurolines Riga to Tallinn

Hi,

Vana Tom Hosel locates on Str Väike-Karja 1 (second floor of four-storeyed building). If you need to reach to the passenger port (A or D terminal) you should leave hostel -> turn to the right to Vana turg Str -> one more to the right -> directly along the Viru street -> near the Viru gates turn to the left to Vana-Viru Str -> straight to Uus Str (go to the end of Uus Str) -> cross the Mere pst (Sea parkway) -> straight to port (Sadama Str; you will see the building of port, A terminal on the right). If you are in a rush, take a taxi (from the Old Town to the passenger port it costs about 50 EEK and takes about 7 min.).

Have a nice trip,

Tanya