We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tallin in june

Dublin
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Topic
tallin in june

Thinking of heading there in June for a week - is this a good time?

Is there lots to do in one week - could we take a trip to Finland or elsewhere closeby in this period?

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tallin in june

Hi

During the second week in June there is Old Town Week, with lots of medieval markets and street entertainments. It's a great time to be there. Then later in June there are the mid summer festivals, again street entertainments and parties to celebrate the longest day.

Don't expect wild parties, fireworks and loud music, this isn't the Estonian way. We went to the open air museum along with half of Tallinn for the summer festival a couple of years ago and had a delightful time. There was a band playing traditional music which people danced to, a large bonfire and some very strange food. If we went again I would take a picnic.

Going to Helsinki is a piece of cake with fast and traditional ferries leaving all day long. Of course Helsinki is far more expensive but worth a visit. It is a complete contrast to Tallinn.

Have a good time

Jackie

Tallinn, Estonia
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tallin in june

Hi. I'm an estonian girl living in Tallinn and I'd have to say that many things in the previous comment were quite untrue. We do have big parties and we do kow how to have fun (even with our traditional food...which actually isn't bad at all!). June is perfect time to come..it's 18-30 degrees outside,sun shining and people are out having fun everywhere. Maybe you just have to know the right people and places to go to!

And going to Helsinki for a day or two is really easy.

If you're interested in more info I'd be glad to help - kirstikompus@hotmail.com

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
8,135 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tallin in june

I din't say it was bad I said it was delightful

Jackie

Dublin
Level Contributor
83 posts
Save Reply