We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from tallinn to helsinki and back

Which Tallinn hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
israel
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
from tallinn to helsinki and back

what is the best and cheapest way? any hints and ideas?

we would like it for only one day, from morning till night.

thanks a lot.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,070 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from tallinn to helsinki and back

There are tons of fast ferries between the two cities, I think Lindaline is the cheapest, but there is also Tallink, Nordic and another one who I can't remember. You shouldn't need to book as there are so many.

I think the crossing time is arround two hours and they will sell you a cheap return ticket for just one day.

Have a really good time, I'm sure Tallinn will be all you hope for.

Jackie

Oxford
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from tallinn to helsinki and back

Hi dafid,

I did this trip last week. I went with Viking Line (Terminal A)the trip takes 3 hours in this ferry..very leisurely cruise. Departs at 08.15 arrives at 11.15. the return 21.00 from Helsinki arrive back in Tallinn at 24.00. There are quicker boats but I really enjoyed this trip "Rosella" the name of the ship for info. The return was great fun, they had a 5 peice band playing, a packed dance floor, and some very hard working bar staff...Bliss! Remember you need to be at the terminal 1hour before departure. In Helsinki my tip would be to grab a cab and go to the central rail station it's good for orientation and right in the centre. You can buy a ticket from a kiosk and take a tram that passes most of the places of interest in a "figure of 8" so you end up back where you started. Hope this is of some use. Have a great trip! Best regards, Les. Hallett. (Oxford. England.)

texas
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from tallinn to helsinki and back

what are the best beaches in helsinki and is there surfing?

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from tallinn to helsinki and back

Here you can see the schedule Tallinn-Helsinki

portoftallinn.com/passengers/pass_ship_sched…

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,589 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from tallinn to helsinki and back

prepre - the prettiest beach in Helsinki is Hietaniemi, and there are more swimming areas around Suomenlinna. Surfing? Not really, but you might be able to windsurf.

Level Contributor
8,070 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: from tallinn to helsinki and back

Go on the helicopter that goes city centre to city centre. If you fix your times and steer clear of the business rush hour the prices are not that large, and if you have never been on a helicopter, the experience is unforgettable