We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baltic options

Which Vilnius hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Topic
baltic options

Vilnius, Riga or Tallinn??

Which of these three would be a better destination to take my elderly parents for a 3/4 night stay. Need a fairly compact and flat city as my dad isnt too mobile.

Would be nice if it was arctitectually pleasing to the eye in a prague sort of a way

thats all for now and Thanks in anticipation of the replies

p.s. Also, are all the cities ports and can day trips be made between them. Sorry geography isnt my strong point.

Kaunas, Lithuania
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: baltic options

Hi,

As I know Vilnius best, I can tell that it’s a very beautiful atmospheric city, and you really don’t have to get over long distances to see the sights: it’s quite enough to see the Old Town - an impressive mixture of gothic, baroque, and classical style architecture.

Tallinn and Riga are ports, except Vilnius. Vilnius is about 200 km east from Klaipeda (the Lithuanian seaport).

Yes, you can make day trips between these cities. It’s about 4,5 hrs between them if you go by bus.

Ireland
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: baltic options

Riga would be best if your father is not too mobile. Tallinn is built on a hill and the disabled acess in Vilnius is not the best.

3. Re: baltic options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Vilnius