We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

Can I buy a Vilnius to Riga bus ticket online? If not, how can I purchase a ticket and which bus companies are best. I will be travelling in May or June and my dates won't be flexible.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
186 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

yes you can. check page www.autobusubilietai.lt/index.php…

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

"....yes you can...."

You can, but not now, it's too early. Wait until, say, 3 weeks will be left.

"...If not, how can I purchase a ticket..."

So if it's not essential for you to buy it online, you can purchase it at the bus station. Tell "1 ticket to Riga, xx hr xx min" and the ticket will be sold to you :) .

"...which bus companies are best..."

Best bus companies are abroad. Here is a wild east :) . You should choose the time which suites you best and should not care about companies - it's a complete horror movie, makes no difference which one is better and which one is worse :D .

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
350 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

Oh come on, stop being so negative and scaring the tourists :) I think Lux Express is really good, for example.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

Thanks for the replies. Do the Lux Express Buses sell out in advance? I will arrive in Vilnius a few days before I travel to Riga, wondering if I can just buy the ticket at the bus station.

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

It is very common to buy the tickets in advance at the ticket office (several days and, i think, at least up to 2 weeks before the travel). For buses and trains.

Edited: 5:40 pm, March 23, 2013
London
Level Contributor
267 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

I'm struggling to get http://www.autobusubilietai.lt/ to tell me Vilnius to Riga.

How long does the bus take?

Is train or flying a better option?

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
186 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

there's no train. about flights not sure. with bus it's approx. 4 hours

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
629 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

Have a question about LuxExpress, if I book a ticket in advance and change my departurue time (not departure date) to an earlier bus will this be a problem? Anybody know?

Brno, Czech Republic
Level Contributor
186 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

you can book ticket with open date/time

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Vilnius to Riga bus ticket?

You can buy bus ticket online when you want:

Ecolines ecoliness.net,

Eurolines eurolines.com or

LuxExpress luxexpress.eu

Ticket Vilnius - Ryga costs about 12 EUR.

All these companies are foreign and international. They go in all Europe...so it's not wild east. I went to a lot of places with ECOLINES and everywhere the buses were the same -air conditioner, wi-fi, hot food, toilet (surprised me. at first I was very scared to use it) and they gave me a blanket. :)

Also all these companies have offices in Vilnius bus station where you can buy tickets too (it is a little bit more expensive than to buy online)