We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from airport

Ireland
Level Contributor
153 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Transport from airport

My daughter and friend are going to Vilnius in Dec., and their Ryanair flight will not arrive in until 22.00 hrs. This is their first visit and as it's late I'm naturally concerned and want to be sure that they will arrive safely at their hotel. I have been told that taxi's are quite unreliable and wonder how they will get in to city at that time of night other than in a taxi.

LT
Level Contributor
853 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from airport

Taxis are unreliable if you take the one that waits at the airport. Taxis are reliable if you call (by phone), that means that those waiting taxis will keep on waiting, and the one you ordered by phone will arrive soon and it will be reliable one.

You can read that in any other topic related to Vilnius taxis. Some posters complain, other posters explain - so if you read the explanations you'll see that to call a taxi is reliable. If you don't want to use your own cell phone (i.e. your daughter and friend don't want), then ask someone from the plane or at the information window in the airport hall.

The last bus No 1 leaves the airport at 22:23 (on workdays), the bus No 2 leaves at 23:07 (on workdays) or 22:47 on weekends and holidays.

Geneva, Switzerland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from airport

Hi, i thinks so, if you a getting to come to Lithuania for bussines or wtih family for couples days it better to rent a car in airport there are a lot of companies like avis europcar or cheaper like a truerent or others. Because go with taxi is very expensive, from airpot to oldtown is about 12 km, you mus to pay about 16Eur, I think so that is big money.

Vilnius, Lithuania
Level Contributor
419 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from airport

If public buses are available, take them. You can buy a ticket from the driver and it's about 1 Euro per person. If you buy from the driver, it's valid for as long as you don't get off.

4. Re: Transport from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, December 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Vilnius