We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

Melbourne, AUS
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

Hi, I've narrowed down my hotel choice to 2 hotels

1. Novotel Vilnius

2. Hotel Tilto

Which would be the best option for someone staying only 2 nights (1 half day and one full day) in a single room? I want to be able to walk everywhere and fit in as much city sights as possible in teh short time i'm there.

I'd like a modern styled room and a reception that can check me out very early (5.30am flight). I don't mind about breakfast as i wont be around to eat it on the 2nd day anyway.

Any thoughts on which is the best choice from the 2 hotels above?

Thanks!

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
16 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

I just returned from a trip to Vilnius where I stayed at the Hotel Tilto. You can read my write up on the hotel. Both hotels have excellent locations and in fact are very close to one another. If service is important to you try the Novotel. If you know exactly what you want to do and don't need any recommendations on restaurants or sightseeing then the Tilto is fine. The rooms are modern, as they also likely are at the Novotel.

Melbourne, AUS
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

Thanks for the help.

I did end up booking with the Novotel.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

Hey, I am just back from Vilnius after having a ball. I can definitely recommend Hotel Tilto where I stayed.It is a 200 year old building rebuilt like new with all the exposed brick and vaulted ceilings of a different time. The staff (some beautiful girls)were very friendly and helpful (tell you where to go and even offer discounts)and could not do enough for me.The food is superb at prices that are unbelieveably low.They have a small quaint Irish Bar (as the Hotel is Irish owned) that serves Guinness on the tap.The rooms are beautifully furnished.

I stayed before in the Novohotel which was fine, but like any other.Hotel Tilto is less expensive and friendlier !

Have a good visit !

Jordan

Chisinau
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

Find here alternatives. Two and 3 star hotels up to 50 euro/night. Almost all of them situated in Old Town.

2009vilnius.com/cheap-hotel-vilnius-discount…

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

The Novohotel and Hotel Tilto are upmarket Hotels and not to be compared to the list for 50 euro and under.

For a little more, one can have the best at Hotel Tilto.

6. Re: Vilnius hotel - Novotel or Tilto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, October 14, 2009