We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Booked a spa vacation for late next month which includes lots of treatments at the Health Centre. Staying at the Regina Hotel. Anyone been? Will I be exfoliated down to my skeleton?

Lt
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Regina is ok. hotel, but do NOT have its own spa what is not that big problem in a city of treatments. Hotels DRUSKININKAI or VILNIUS Spa has both facilities, this is where you probably have a booking. Recommendable are hot stones or honey, if your skin is sensitive stay away from famous DRUSKININKAI mud :)

London UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Have just returned, stayed at the Regina last week for 3 nights.

It is very quiet there at the minute, not much to do apart from go to the spas! We went to the local one and it is very inexpensive- the Vilnus Spa is the most plush. There is not a hugh choice of restaurants in the area so better to eat in the hotel. The staff and food are great and the hotel is located within easy walking distance of the main street. Take plenty of books though as the evenings can be a bit long.

Outer Banks, NC
Level Contributor
34 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Markie127,

Thanks very much for the info on Regina. For the sake of packing, would you tell me what people wear out to dinner in Vilnius or Druskininkai? Is it what-ever-it-takes-to-stay-warm?

living it

London UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Hi

Druskininkai is quite cold at the minute, so take gloves and a scarf...it really is a very quiet place at the minute and as I said previously there is not a great deal to do apart from the spas ( which are very good value for money.)- especially at night.

Vilnius is a lovely place, we have just bought an apartment there as my partner is Lithuanian. People tend to dress smartly but informally and the restaurants there don't tend to have a particular dress code.

There is a book you can buy called 'Vilnius in your pocket' from the small kiosks you will see on the streets. It costs 5 litas- £1-buy one as it tells you everything you need to know. You can also access it I believe online.

Have fun...and vist the KGB museum if you have time. It is very sad but an essential vist as it puts their history in perspective.

Dublin
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Hi Markie

You mention spas in your posting.

I am going to be in Vilnius in November would you know if it might be worth checking up on spas there in regard to packages. You mentioned they were "at night" what did you mean?

Thanks,

Therese

London UK
Level Contributor
12 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

Hi

There are no spas in Vilnius.When I said at night I meant that there is not very much at all to do at night in Druskininkai. You will see what I mean when you are there.Basically it is a nice relaxing place to unwind and chill out.

Lithuania
Level Contributor
119 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

In spring, summer and early autumn there is a must to rent a bike and go around the town and surrounding forests. There are bicycle paths to nearby lakes, rivers and other cool places.

8. Re: Anyone been to Druskininkai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 19, 2009