We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to go in August - Lithuania? Turkey? Croatia?

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best place to go in August - Lithuania? Turkey? Croatia?

My significant other and I are looking to spend a week and a half traveling in Central or Eastern Europe in August. We're from the U.S. We won't be doing a lot of partying, and prefer seeing sights. We'd like to do a mix of culture but also some relaxing and appreciating natural sights. We'd prefer not to break the bank on the trip, but don't need to do hostel traveling. Any suggestions on best places to go?

Would Lithuania be good for us? Would we be better off going to Croatia? Turkey? Latvia? Elsewhere?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

vilnius
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place to go in August - Lithuania? Turkey? Croatia?

you will like lithuania if you want to relax and spend some time in the nature (for example in Trakai). And although Vilnius is the capital it is quite calm and romantic city. It won't take long if you want to visit Latvia too, because it takes only 4-5 hours by car or bus. I hope you will enjoy your trip whatever you choose :)

London
Level Contributor
8,329 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place to go in August - Lithuania? Turkey? Croatia?

It's difficult as each of the places you have suggested is so different. Lithuania offers long quiet beaches with forests that reach down to the shore and a very traditional quite flat rural landscape and also some attractive cities and towns. From my experience it would be useful if you could speak some Russian or German.

3. Re: Best place to go in August - Lithuania? Turkey? Croatia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, September 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Lithuania