We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing in April

Which Liptovsky Mikulas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stafford UK
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Skiing in April

Hi,

I am thinking of coming skiing in Slovakia in April and wondered whether there would still be snow then? It would be the first week of the month? I was thinking of probably aiming to be near Jasna, would this be a good idea at this time of year?

Thankyou in advance!!!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,347 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing in April

The ski season ends at the end of April, especially at the higher places such as Jasná, and even if there is no snow they have artificial snow machines so there is always something. If I were you I would get booking now as it is a very popular resort. However, with the credit crunch and all that it will not be as busy as usual as the usual visitors (Czechs, Poles, Germans) aren't coming as much as they used to so there might be some good deals out there. Also with the demise of Sky Europe there will be a lot fewer UK visitors who had just begun to discover the area.

Even if there isn't any snow, it is a beautiful part of the world.

jasna.sk/resort/jasna-nizke-tatry/en/winter/

Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
90 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing in April

Well, it depends. There are years, when the skiing season lasts very long (2009), but there are years when it's pretty short (2007, 2008) as well.

If there still will be some snow at that time, it'll be in Jasna (I'd guess Jasna - Chopok South will have better conditions and won't be as crowded as Jasna - Chopok North tends to be) and in Lomnicke sedlo (vt.sk/resorts/tatranska-lomnica/en/winter/).

Just for imagination, here's a set of mine from Jasna - Chopok South from end of march 2009: flickr.com/photos/…

3. Re: Skiing in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 11, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Liptovsky Mikulas
More Liptovsky Mikulas Topics