We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

Hi, I am traveling to Kosice for the pre-season friendly match against Kosice, I was wondering what Bars would be good to visit prematch which is being played on the 17th July and is an evening kick-off. There is around 2000 Leeds fans planning to attend this game and I am hoping that this is a football fan friendly city. Arriving on the 16th and fly back on the 19th, also staying at the Hilton.

Also what is an average to pay for a meal and the price of beer.

Thanks in advance

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

There are loads coming in via Poland so you might want to start a Thread on WACCOE and see if people are up for hiring a coach to Kosice. I Think the White Rose branch have got 2 coaches to bring them from Bratislavia they arrive on the Wednesday night into Kosice after watching the first game. As for tickets, you can pay on the gate...........MOT

Chester, UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

A couple of points- 2000 is probably a conservative estimate.

The hooligans most certainly will not travel to this game, in fact you will get the best behaved good spirited set of hardcore fans going.

I hope the Bratislava stag crowd hasn't spoilt Slovakian opinions of us too much.

I'm looking at going from Krakow to Kosice direct ideally on the Thursday, just can't seem to find an easy way to do it :(

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,716 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

I must say I'm intrigued at the attraction of the football in Košice and Ružomberok - I was at the Slavia Prague - Leeds match in 2000 - there were no more than 1000 Leeds fans there, and it was a UEFA cup quarter final. beer was considerably cheaper then, as well ... :)

There was a short piece on Slovak TV about a 'crazy Leeds fan who came all the way from Krakow' just to see his team ...

oxfordshire
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

Well we have,nt played abroad for a while so expect to see a sizeable following.......will be good I suppose for the economy as most are staying between 4 - 7 days in Slovokia. Shane it is such an awkward place to get to.

Kosice, Slovakia
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

Hi there,

I would recommend Hotel Bankov www.hotelbankov.sk

The oldest historic hotel in Slovakia. It´s very close to stadium. Great location!! They are having special weekend prices and very friendly staff :)

Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

Actually, it isn't near to the stadium and it's a good 4km from the centre.....there are far more suitable places closer to and in town.

Nice hotel if you want to be out of the centre, though.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

How many made the trip then?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
29,716 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

According to the Yorkshire Evening Post about 500 made it - which is more than I thought.

yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/leedsunited/Leeds…

The Slovak news headline was 'Leeds fans leave dissatisfied' - they didn't seem to like the locals …markiza.sk/archiv-tv-markiza/…44802 - report starts at 2:47 (all in Slovak)

Kosice, Slovakia
Level Contributor
283 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

Looks like some idiotic Kosice fans having a go....will look forward to hearing what happened. Slovaks are generally fairly friendly but, unfortunately, when it comes to football, hooliganism seems to be on the up.

20. Re: Kosice FC v Leeds United July 2010

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 15, 2011