We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions for good local beer at reasonable prices

Which Bratislava hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
suggestions for good local beer at reasonable prices

Hello all, I am traveling to beautiful Bratislava in August and will be staying for a few days. Could anybody please suggest some traditional bars/pubs with local beer at cheap prices (we are on a budget!). Any advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,177 posts
5,424 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestions for good local beer at reasonable prices

Hello 7Rosco7,

We had a nice stop at Zamocky Pivovar, finding it to be a decent local brewery/bar. See link (w/pictures) if interested.

tripadvisor.com/…UR155852054

Here is a list of things to do/see that we enjoyed during a recent stopover in Bratislava if useful for your trip planning.

Weekend in Bratislava

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i37587-Weekend_…

Have a nice time in the Bratislava.

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestions for good local beer at reasonable prices

There are expensive places, but most beer is super cheap for anybody coming from England. If you like beer then check this article:

guardian.co.uk/travel/2013/apr/17/bratislava…

Also check out the Svijany beer in La Putika (2 locations in city centre) - it's amazing and costs about 1.60 Euro I think

And places selling Bernard are always good value, and the beer is usually well kept and very good. Cerny Pes is a good pub, and here too

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pod-Kamenným-stromom/118168568233120

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestions for good local beer at reasonable prices

Thank you very much for your advice and suggestions, I will make sure that I check out these reccommendations.

Thanks again!

4. Re: suggestions for good local beer at reasonable prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, June 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bratislava