We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Topic
Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

I would like to hire a English/Slovak speaking driver/guide to take me to Tura Luka, a small town near Myjava about 75 km from Bratislava. I hope to find my grandparents home, graves etc.

I would appreciate any help or contacts that might help us.

Thank you so much,

I look forward to hearing from you and seeing your beautiful city,

Eve H

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Poprad
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

Hello,

you can try this link:

www.guidedtours.sk/pages.php…

2. Re: Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:56 pm, May 22, 2012
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,404 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

Welcome to the forum, it is always good to see new contributors, however, this is not to be treated as free advertising space as per the Ts and Cs.

Please remove your posts and change your avatar before TA does!

If you have specific knowledge about the country and the Sliač-Zvoleň-Banská Bystrica region in particular, please contribute on that basis only.

Senica, Trnava...
Level Contributor
3 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

Are you sure you want to go to Tura Luka? I live 20km from there, so it will not be any easy task.

To be honest, it is in the middle of nowhere but if you really want, here is the way.

1) You should get somewhere close to Slovakia - Bratislava or Vienna Airport are an ideal place.

2) If you prefer bus, get to the Bratislava Bus station and find direct connection to Myjava. I am not sure whether there is any direct connection but there is direct connection to Senica (place where I live). Approximately every 2 hours there is a bus to Myjava and Tura Luka is on the way.

3) If you prefer train, get to the Bratislava train station and buy ticket to Myjava. You have to head toward Nove Mesto and Vahom and from there take small train to Myjava.

Another option is to buy ticket to Senica, which means to head toward Kuty and take small train to Senica. From there by bus to Myjava and Tura Luka.

Mentioned in this post
Bratislava
Bratislava
Bratislava Region, Slovakia
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Union, New Jersey
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

Eve, I was wondering if you ever made that trip to Tura Luka? My great grandmother (Anna Kukan) was from there as well and I would love to hear about the experience if you were able to make the trip. Also, thank you mdz79 for the travel tip, that's what I was looking for.

6. Re: Trip to Tura Luka (Myjava)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 21, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Bratislava