We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bratislava Stag do!!

London, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Bratislava Stag do!!

I have the pleasure of sorting out a stag do for 28 guys early next year.

Bratislava looks to be the place we will be going.

We will be staying in the city center ( or as close as poss ) can you recomend some trendy bars, and clubs we could visit?? It is quite an old group so there will be no "kids" with us getting drunk and playing up.

Thanks for your help

84 replies to this topic
Bratislava, Slovakia
Level Contributor
90 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

This is how stags look like. Last weekend a man from a group of drunk british staggers jumped from hotel terrace to a lake and got drown while others didn't care and continued drinking.

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,022 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

Yes I remember this. On the same day we were boating with the children on the Štrkovec lake where this happened.

If you look at the comments underneath the link in Cruster's post there isn't a lot of sympathy, unfortunately.

Here it is in English dailyrecord.co.uk/news/…

Edited: 1:20 pm, July 01, 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

A few of you are quite the bunch of idiots aren't you. Imagine a world where everyone stereotyped everybody, always.........

Bratislava, Slovakia
Destination Expert
for Bratislava
Level Contributor
2,515 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

Really no need to resurrect a thread from July just to say this. Maybe you're trolling, who knows?

Margate, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

Margate, England...
2 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

im an englishman who is living out here in bratislava working as a chef and producing music. I have been on many stag doos ie, ibiza, magaluff, amsterdam, prague, vegas etc etc and i can safely say that the old town in bratislava is NOT designed for stag doos. It is a peacefull happy place for eating, drinking and sightseeing. I would be dissapointed if i was to go on a stagdoo in bratislava.

Level Contributor
6 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

Why is everyone so angry?

I'm going to Bratislava next week on a stag weekend and this post has really put a downer on it.

You should judge each individual on their merits and not on stereotypes!!

If anyone can let me know where the local hot spots are that are going to let in 20 top blokes that would be great.

I think using people drowning as a warning is also a bit sick... It's almost like you want to portray the stereotype of your country that Hostel created.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
178 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

Just back from Bratislava tonight and it really isnt the place for 20 or so men to go on a pub crawl for a stag do. It's not that sort of scene and the majority of the bars/pubs are very small.

Seedyness is almost none existant from what we could see, there was a strip club in the Old Town called Cats and we heard from people that had been there that they were getting ripped off by the girls.

Bratislava is a great, beautiful and friendly place however so if youre not going for a 'typical english stag do' then it may be the place for you.

5 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

I am going on a stag doo on the 27th let me know how it went and if all these reviews are rite.

Great Yarmouth...
Level Contributor
803 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Bratislava Stag do!!

Ok, let me add a litlle perspective.

I'm a regular contributor here, i know several guys (GCEK one of them) and i have a lot of time and respect for them as they have by far better local knowledge than i ever could offer.

I had my stag do here in Bratislava back in 2008. I chose it on the back of a visit with my wife, so i knew which bars i wanted to revisit. We were a small group of 8, none of us would ever be deemed as a lout or yob, but of course we were probably seen as such. We had a great time (sorry GCEK - we did go to a shooting range!), we made friends with a lot of bar staff and door men. We made good friends with one bar in particular (sorry name eludes me, but it was a beer hall with many different rooms), we were made to feel very welcome and we were able to reserve a large table which is usually only for the locals.

You can go to anywhere in the world as a group but you have to have a certain mindset. Yes have fun, drink lots of beer and pay for it with a hangover, but like i said to someone on the Warsaw forum the other day, do these things like you've got your mum watching you! You wouldnt go out to your local on a friday night and cause a scene (well you might, but it wouldnt matter where in the world you were if your "that" kind of guy).

I liked it in BTS, but i wasnt looking for strip clubs or nightclubs.

Play nice.

Reply to: Bratislava Stag do!!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bratislava