We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 Days in Budapest-Day Trip ideas?

Charleston, SC
Level Contributor
13 posts
25 reviews
3 Days in Budapest-Day Trip ideas?

My boyfriend and I are coming to Budapest the second week in November for 3 days and are trying to find s good day trip. We are in our late 20s and love food and culture, not your typical tourist spots. We have looked at Bratislava or the Danube river towns? We will be in Bienna and Prague before hand. What do you recommend?

Pjk
Plainsboro, New...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
39,289 posts
129 reviews
1. Re: 3 Days in Budapest-Day Trip ideas?

You can hardly scratch the surface of things to do in Budapest itself for three days so I'd suggest a half day trip to one of the baths, then the other half day a trip to one of the ruin pubs.

Pjk

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,571 posts
153 reviews
2. Re: 3 Days in Budapest-Day Trip ideas?

In the evening go to the Fisherman Bastion at night fall after the city lights come on. It is very romantic to look out at the city and river below.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
13,204 posts
64 reviews
3. Re: 3 Days in Budapest-Day Trip ideas?

I agree that you will only scratch the surface of Bpest in 3 days, but if you must go, try Eger or at a push Pecs. Of the towns nearer Bpest I prefer Vac over the towns on the West bank, it isn't so touristy.

Don't bother with Bratislava.

4. Re: 3 Days in Budapest-Day Trip ideas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 29, 2016