We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transferring between Keleti train station and the M2

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lubbock Texas
Level Contributor
72 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Transferring between Keleti train station and the M2

Is it fairly close or a series of escalators and long walks? dave

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transferring between Keleti train station and the M2

its a 1 minute walking distance. there is a row of normal steps, and when you are at the metro entrance, an escalator. thats all. :)

Southampton, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transferring between Keleti train station and the M2

transfer at keleti is simple just a few hundered yards between rail station and metro

public transport is fantastic in buda and pest if you are staying get yourself a tourist ticket there is a 3 day and a 7day pass available at very little cost 3 day is about 3400 forints well worth it as you can use metro, tram, buse and trolleybus on all routes all day there are some lovely restaurants in budapest, the riverside hotels have terraces overlooking the river and buda castle

further out there is a great italian pizza/pasta place at Ors Vezer Tere in the arkad shopping centre on top floor M2 goes there 3 stops from keleti Palyudar

have a great trip

i will be going back to hungary again as i love the city of budapest

if you want any public transport help let me know i can try and help

kev

3. Re: Transferring between Keleti train station and the M2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 pm, August 26, 2009