We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hilton or Radisson??

NYC
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hilton or Radisson??

We will be traveling later this month, and are considering either the Hilton in the Castle District or the Raddison SaS Beke on thge Pest side, anyone familiar with these? Also any restaurant and Herend shopping suggestions also appreciated.

HHA
Kent
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hilton or Radisson??

Just returned from Budapest. We stayed at the Hilton for three nights in an exective room,we were upgraded. It depends what you want. We liked the Hilton, excellent service and we liked being in the castle district, nice to walk round in the evening when most of the tourists are in Pest.Can recommend the Rivalda next to the National Dance Theatre, if you can attend the theatre do,we had a most enjoyable evening.

The Radisson is very centrally situated near shops the Danube ,metro and many attractions but if you like to walk you can take the funicular and walk across the Chain Bridge.

It was very hot and we enjoyed going to the municipal baths, so take swim wear lots of spas to choose from

Hope this is helpful.I need some help preparing for a visit to China

Jo

est

World
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hilton or Radisson??

In terms of restaurant, I would suggest you to go to the Cafe Kor in it is near the Szent Istvan Bazilika. It is excellent and cheap but you MUST book. As for the Hilton and Radisson, they are both old and I do not like them. They were built in the 1980s I think or at least it looks like. I would recommend you the Royal Corinthia. It is reall excellent and very well located too.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
10,825 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hilton or Radisson??

The Hilton was built before the 80s, about 75 I think. What is great about it is the position, it's unrivalled. Conrad Hilton must have dropped a pretty serious bung to get permission to build it - imagine trying to build a hotel in the Tower of London, it wouldn't happen.

I believe the Gresham Palace is pretty special, but have no idea about prices, you might be able to get a deal.

World
Level Contributor
46 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hilton or Radisson??

In my view, I agree too that Gresham (Four Seasons) has the best service in Town. But it has a cost.

New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hilton or Radisson??

We stayed at the Radisson and it was unexceptional. The location was good but the rooms are old and the air conditioning was not working well. The staff was not great.(The temperature was 95+ when we were there the third week in July. ) A wonderful restaurant to recommend" BAGOLVAR. It is the "sister" restaurant to Gundel's-one of Budapest's top places to eat. They share the same address and kitchen but prices here are reasonable. We ate outside in a delightful court and the food was tasty, there was a musician playing lovely music. They aimed to please, even bringing over a tray of cookies from Gundels for us. Go to the New York Cafe for lunch/desserts. Food was eclectic-the restaurant beautiful. The city is delightful-the architecture is amazing and people friendly.

Enjoy!

MEKGS

6. Re: Hilton or Radisson??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, August 16, 2009