We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
215 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

There is so many fabulous accommodation choices in Budapest but I am specifically looking for a really quiet hotel/apartment for 2 people for a week in August. Somewhere with airconditioning, no street noise and comfy beds. Any suggestions please?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

Hello Abi W

For the most part every better hotel will have sound proofed windows, in order to try and keep the exterior noises to a minimum. When selecting a room too you can always request one that does not face toward a street or even ask to be placed on a higher floor. But keep in mind you are staying in major metropolitan city so pure peace and tranquility may not every really be able to be reached.

As to either a hotel or apartment that will really depend on your overall requirements (Do you really want to self cater or not?) and budget. Give us some more insight to your desires and we will do our best to guide you toward some good solid options.

Best

SEBESZ

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

I would highly recommend Queen's Court. All rooms face the courtyard so very quiet, and the beds are cushy. Morning coffee on the balcony is divine.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g274887-d617507…

london
Level Contributor
215 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

I don't mind an apartment or hotel for a reasonable price - i am aware that even a 5 star hotel cannot guarantee a quiet room as it depends on the adjoining neighbours etc

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,809 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

Maybe try something in the hills of Buda, like Hotel Normafa.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,901 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

Hi Abi W,

I'm aligned with Rawlee a bit due to getting "away" from the city while still within the city. Your request is difficult to say the least - as would be if I requested the same for London or any other large capital city. Budapest is a busy city, with emergency vehicles driving the streets 24x7. And then there are neighbors......

Do you want to be in or close to city center? I do not see city center as a quiet option - no matter the room's location. Even with triple-paned windows, one may still hear sirens. Like requested above - more details may help us make suggestions. Quiet is critical - what else are you looking for? Location? Close to anything? Will you be touring around, meaning you'll want access to city center? What about eating? Some insights will help.

Back to Rawlee's suggestion. High in the hills of District XII may offer some serene locations - but there are many variables. Another option MAY be within the walls of the castle district, however the entire district has narrow cobblestone streets, so road may be likely - that is unless you can rent a locale facing the backside or southwest side of the castle....

Best,

Jeremy

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,102 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

I often say that location is only part of the noise equation. The other part is the construction and soundproofing of a building. We stayed at 2 very different places and both were quiet.

On Castle Hill: Buda Castle Fashion Hotel, tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274887-d102…

Near the Chain Bridge and the Four Seasons Gresham Palace: Starlight Suiten Hotel, tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274887-d281…

london
Level Contributor
215 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

Thank you for your lovely suggestions! I have found an Apartmebt also but it is right next to the opera house and near a cathedral - the owner says its on a quiet street I am not convinced! It's just that when we were in krakow we stayed next to the cathedral and every 2 hours throughout the night trumpets played and what with the noise of the bells - not a pleasant experience!

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

If it is next to the Opera house it is near but by no means so close to the Basilica that there will be disruptive noises. Andrassy ut, the big street in front of the Opera is a noisy street, late at night. If you are behind the Opera, the street is a very quiet, and somewhat dark one. On the sides of the Opera, the Andrassy traffic could be an issue if you care as sensitive as you seem.

london
Level Contributor
215 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

Thank you for giving me such details the apartment is on Lázár utca - perhaps I will have to rethink again.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,539 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Too spoit for choice re accommodation but insist on quiet

That's a very quiet street...if facing the courtyard you should hear nothing at all. If facing the street, of course the opera and neighborhood cafes and the like do bring lots of people to the area lateish in the evening.