We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

Hi

We are coming to Budapest for the F1, staying there from Friday to Monday. We have Friday and Monday to see Budpaest - I think we will spend most of Saturday and Sunday at Hungaroring. Questions:

1. We want ot see the major sights using public transport, trams etc - my dads has trouble walking for a lot of time. Which buses-trams are the best for inner cit (e.g. Andrassy Utca) and Buda? We don't want to do one of those 3 hour bus tour , we prefer a hope on -off style tour, on our own pace.

2. The free bus for Hungaroring takes you to Moyorod church square. How long do we have to walk to get to the ring and is it an easy walk?

3. Is it easy to find taxis outside the ring after the F1 races? Or is it necesssary to book a taxi in advance?

Thank you!!!

Mentioned in this post
Hungaroring
Hungaroring
190 Reviews
Mogyorod, Hungary
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Big Bus Tours Budapest
Hop-On Hop-Off Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours
Cityrama Sightseeing Tours
Bus Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours
Tourist Guide in Budapest Ivetta Cheri
Bus Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours
B Side Tours
Bus Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Night Tours, Private Tours
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

Roman, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is an ATM in the airport...maybe that's just because I have this intilled fear of the fees American ATMs charge in the airport, so I don't look for one, but my recommendation is to make sure you have cash to convert.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
4,492 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

There are more tours than the 10:00. I'm pretty sure they have at least two tours a day....the last time I was there, before summer tourist season, there were 3 or 4 tours per day in English. We took one in the afternoon.

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

Hi thanks for replying. There are ATMs I checked airport's website and printed a map.

We will have to aks at the aParliament for tour hours when we get there. Thanks!

Nicosia, Cyprus
Level Contributor
512 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

OK

We leave in 4 hours

thanks everone for our suggestions

Iwill report when we return

15. Re: Urgent! We will be there on Friday - help needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, August 14, 2009