We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights in budapest ,

Watford, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
3 nights in budapest ,

Hi , I have booked a 3 night break in budapest for myself and 16 year old daughter ! Not too sure what to do there , thinking maybe chain bridge , thermal spa, possibly zoo , maybe walking tour , we are planning to get a travel card so hopefully can reach most places , being just the two of us is there anything special that would appeal to a teenage girl and safety wise is there any where we should avoid , feeling slightly vulnerable without hubby , thanks in advance

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,635 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 nights in budapest ,

You will be perfectly safe, just keep your money secure - exactly as you would in Oxford Street.

What interests you and your daughter ? for example, somewhere like the House of Terror gives an excellent insight into the history of Hungary, but if you aren't interested in history then it won't be worth visiting.

Watford, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 nights in budapest ,

House of horror , sounds exactly what my daughter would like ! Anything scary , always looking to try something new or exciting ! History is an interest but not really museums !

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
325 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 nights in budapest ,

Check reviews of House of Terror on trip advisor first. It may not be what you are thinking it is.

The free walking tours are wonderful and there may be some other young people along.

The guides are so good. I don't have email address but you could look up reviews of them on trip advisor.

There are 3 different tours and if weather good a great way to see the city.

Also look up What's on in Budapest online to see any special shows, exhibits on .

Enjoy, the 16 bus at dusk which you get right across from the Meridian Hotel is a beautiful magical journey up to Buda as the lights on bridge and city go on. You could walk around Buda and get same bus back .

4. Re: 3 nights in budapest ,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:34 am, March 23, 2015