We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

My wife and I will visit Budapest next Month and I need to know 3 points:

1- can we enter some pretty churches like Matthias church, Szent Istvan Bazilika, Esztergom Bazilika.. we are muslims but we love their architecture, history and the view from the domes.

2- we loved Esztergom too much and it's a big christian settlement so as question 1, if we'll be welcomed there or not?

3- I want to know if there's many bakeries in Budapest and how does the bread and croissones cost?

thank you.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

Entry into Christian churches is not restricted by religion. I think you could even visit the Great Synagogue in Budapest.

Well, a muslim can enter the Vatican itself, so why would access to Esztergom be restricted?

A bread's cost depends on its size, components and quality. A kilo white bread of good quality is about 270-300 HUF. And yes, there are many bakeries around.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

thank you Rawlee :) your response is very useful for me.. I know there is a history between Turkish and Hungarians and we looks like Turks, so I'm afraid if we'll be welcomed by the locals in Esztergom or not

Well educated biter...
Level Contributor
318 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

As a result of their common "history", lots of hungarians look like turks.... :) As well as lot of britons still look like vikings.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

you are very reasonable kumiankka thank you :)

so Hungarian love Egyptians? I think they didn't see Egyptians anymore before :D

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
2,841 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

What happened 400 years ago is so far in the past, that it doesnt matter anymore. The Ottomans left a lot of architectural heritage, many of which are toursist attractions now, or even city symbols (Minaret of Eger).

There are some arabic peopel living here, and a headscarf is not an uncommon sight (old women wear them sometimes), but the full-face female clothes might cause extensive stareing.

I the soviet times, there were many people from african and arabic countries, whose homecountry happened to be also soviet satelllite states. I know Egypt was in the soviet sphere of influence, so the sight of your people shouldnt be surprise.

As a curiosity - the Suez crisis could happen, because the soviets "traded" with the west...they didnt help you then, so that the west wouldnt raise a finger when the soviets crushed our revolution during the crisis.

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
14 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

yes you are right they are rules between Russia and USA and everyone plays his rule :( .. no problem, we don't cover our faces .. only headscarf or hat :D .. I'll visit <3 Budapest-Esztergom-Pecs <3 really I can't wait to see them.. specially your green crowns on the top of churches towers .. it's a fabulous architecture

7. Re: I'm Egyptian Tourist need help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 06, 2015