We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cardiff
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis

Hi

Please does anyone know if you can pay for the taxis from the airport in Euros?

Thanks

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis

Euros, Pounds, Dollars and CC's.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis

Thanks - that's reassuring!

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis

Best to have some forints on hand if possible. Otherwise you're at the mercy of whatever exchange rate they choose to charge.

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,931 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis

Hi Penny,

I am not certain all drivers with Fo Taxi (the official airport taxi company) will accept Euro's - and I am 100% certain you will likely not get a favorable exchange rate. I do know know that Fo Taxi accepts credit cards, and there are ATMs inside the airport (do NOT exchange currency at the airport) that will provide Forints. Your best bet is by either Forints or credit card.

You can find Fo Taxi information at the following link - bud.hu/english/…

Jeremy

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
4,356 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis

Hello PennyCardiff

To recap Jeremy is spot on and 100% correct and has explained it perfectly use forints or credit card for your best value.

Best

SEBESZ

6. Re: Taxis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2015