We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague and Budapest in the Fall

Boston...
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prague and Budapest in the Fall

We're thinking about a trip to Prague and Budapest during early November '06 and were wondering if anyone had experience with the packages that are offered. So far I've looked at one offered by Tatra Travel and one by ABC Tours. I've taken trip with ABC in the past and have always been satisfied but Tatra appears to be less expensive.

Do you have any information on Tatra Travel- or opinions about the Hotel Sibelius or Orion in Prague and the Sissi in Budapest? We haven't traveled with them before and are concerned that they be reputable and the hotels be well situated and nice.

Any opinions about travel in early November? I've checked the weather and it looks as though the temps are in the 40's....

Arlington, VA
Level Contributor
62 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague and Budapest in the Fall

Be ready for cold, and perhaps wet, weather and you'll enjoy the trip. Perhaps you can save money on the costs of hotels, etc.but are you sure you need a tour, you could buy "open jaw" tickets and fly into one annd out of the other city. You could take the train from Prague to Vienna in a half day of travel and stop there on the way to Budapest. After a few days in Vienna you could be in your hotel in Budapest with just another half day train trip from Vienna!

2. Re: Prague and Budapest in the Fall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, August 14, 2009