We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

22nd Budapest International Wine Festival - Info and Links

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,338 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
22nd Budapest International Wine Festival - Info and Links

We are now just 14 days from the festival, so I thought a post giving details would be helpful.

Primary site - http://aborfesztival.hu/index.php

Info below from www.xpatloop.com

Women and female winemakers take the leading role at the 22th Budapest International Wine Festival. The number of women with highly successful wines in the market is growing and growing. They must have a secret. The curiosity of customers meets the style of their wines, which they prepare with feminine subtlety, sensitivity, and discreetness, but mixed with firmness and hard work envied even by men. They care for vine as a mother treats her beloved child, and watch the aging of wine wisely in silence. Unfeigned love and affection is their spice that lifts the spirit of all of us who taste these ethereal nectars. Our visitors at this year’s Wine Festival will have the chance to experience what is so different in these women, whose personal presence will be marked by a distinctive logo on the stands. Female guests will be treated with special surprises.

The guest country of honor this year is Portugal represented not only by its wines but also its gastronomy and culture. All five days of the Festival are about culture in general as well: world music, folk music, and jazz music in every note of the scale. First day, we welcome Magna Cum Laude on stage.

Thursday, entertainment is secured by Köztársaság Bandája, Nikola Parov and Band, and an almost traditional, unforgettable Ghymes concert.

Friday is exciting: liberate your mind and spirit with the melodies of Tárkány Művek, Holdviola and the Vujicsics Band. Special guests on stage are László Tolcsvay, and the Söndörgő Band.

Saturday we celebrate the Day of Hungarian Jazz, of course with really jazzy performers. The crown jewel of the day will be the concert of beautiful fado singer Joana Amendoeira.

Sunday belongs to the color- and joyful Buda Castle Folk Music and Folk Dance Gala.

A variety of other programs for small and big completes this everlasting experience. Weekend programs for children, the anniversary of the Hungarian Maltese Charity Service, free wi-fi, smart phone application, international cheese competition and corkwood collection, and many, many more.

Primary site - http://aborfesztival.hu/index.php

Enjoy,

Jeremy

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,295 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 22nd Budapest International Wine Festival - Info and Links

Thanks! I'm 365 + 14 days away.

Pjk

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 22nd Budapest International Wine Festival - Info and Links

@PJK sure you are but who's counting LOL :)

Thanks for the heads up and info to the official site it looks like it will be another great festival this year.

Although I must say I looked and was somewhat saddened to see they have no mention of planning in regards to number of attendees again this year for those who have never been this is the only negative to the whole festival for myself. The last 2 years when my wife and I attended it became so crowded that it almost reached the level of over-crowded and unenjoyably, to me at least..

Super long lines for both drinks and food and as is often the case when you mix large crowds and alcohol peoples manners and politeness seem to be in direct proportion to the amount consumed. Now I am not saying it is a violent or dangerous level or to be avoided I am just saying that sometimes too many is just that ...... too many.

Just a tip for those who do not enjoy big tight crowds you may want to show up earlier in the day and leave earlier too for in our past experience as the day goes on the crowds grow bigger and bigger.

Now is that going to keep myself away from the festival of course not ........ after all I am married to a wino (Oh Boy I am trouble for that comment, sorry baby!) one of those who does not care how big the throng of people is and actually the kind of person who enjoys that type of atmosphere. But for those who don't just some words of warning and my 2 Cents for what is worth.

See yah there and enjoy the festival I am sure we will too! Thanks again JF for the posting and the heads up.

SEBESZ

3. Re: 22nd Budapest International Wine Festival - Info and Links

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, August 30, 2014