We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

panama city
Level Contributor
345 posts
569 reviews
Save Topic
What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

I am taking the underground from the Mercure stops DEÁK or TÉR. What stop do I get off for the Marriott to take the Legenda cruise?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

Which Mercure are you staying at? There are several in the city additionally there is no stop DEÁK or TÉR, but there is a DEÁK FERENC TÉR but it is not next to the Marriot.

Edited: 9:39 pm, July 02, 2013
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

Dear pctravler,

like SEBESZ said there are several Mercure hotels in Budapest so please specify it a little.

And as for Marriott and the Legenda cruises, the nearest subway station is Vörösmarty tér on the M1 line.

Metro stations Ferenciek tere (M3 line) and Deák Ferenc tér (M1, M2, M3 lines) are not too far from there either but like I said Vörösmarty tér (M1 line) is the best option. You can also take tram 2 and get off at Vigadó tér.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,992 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

You can easily walk from Deak Ferenc Ter to the Marriott, just go in the direction of the river.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

The Legenda docks, as you say, on the river in front of the Marriott.

If you are staying at the Mercure City Center, which is the one nearest Deak ter, then you need not take a metro. Walk out the font door of your hotel, turn right to the orner and then left (or turn left out of the hotel, to the corner and then turn right; either way will work) and continue walking until you reach the river.

The large, inconveniently placed, building that you may have to walk around to get to the river because it blocks walking straight on through is the Marriott. In any even, the Mercure City Center is basically 2-3 locks from the Legenda.

Edited: 6:08 am, July 03, 2013
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

Okay so here's the most detailed advice for all six Mercure hotels:

-Mercure Budapest City Center Hotel - just take a walk as johnfarago said

-Mercure Budapest Metropol Hotel - get on the M2 metro line at Blaha Lujza tér station and go to Deák Ferenc tér*

-Mercure Budapest Buda Hotel - get on the M2 metro line at Déli pályaudvar station and go to Deák Ferenc tér*

-Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel - get on the M3 metro line at Kálvin tér station and go to Deák Ferenc tér*

-Mercure Budapest Museum Hotel - get on the M2 metro line (or trams 47 or 49) at Astoria station and go to Deák Ferenc tér*

- Mercure Budapest Duna Hotel - take tram 2 from Boráros tér to Vigadó tér

*you can choose to take a walk from Deák Ferenc tér or change to the M1 metro line to Vörösmarty tér. which is a bit closer to your destination.

panama city
Level Contributor
345 posts
569 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

Thanks so much everyone for all your help. I am at the Mercure Budapest. Looks like I am in the heart of the city. Any suggestions of restaurants on the way on my walk toward the water with local food?

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
270 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

Dear pctravler,

well we're still not 100% sure which hotel you are staying in :)

'in the heart of the city' suggests that it's Mercure Budapest City Center Hotel.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

If you are being literal -- assuming you are at the Mercure on Vaci and are asking for a place in a direct line to the water -- I'd say the answer is 'No' ... the walk is too short and the path takes you through the heart of tourist kitsch -- but within a couple of blocks' radius there are plenty of options ranging from the Castro Bisztro, a dive, to Comme Chez Soi, a high end boite of a restaurant that many like a lot. There's the Gerloczy Cafe and Szazeves. There's Gerbeaud with its history and pastry and Auguszt with its pastry and history, and Jeg Bufe with its pastry. And if you are willing to walk three or four more blocks the number triples...

9. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 pm, July 03, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What stop do I get off for the Marriott?

Yes it also assumes most people do not bring their suitcases when doing a sightseeing tour too.

Just saying :)

@pctravler if you are staying at the downtown center location do NOT mess with public transportation just walk it so much easier

Edited: 11:27 am, July 03, 2013