We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 days in Budapest & day trips

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 days in Budapest & day trips

Hi, my partner and I will be traveling to Budapest in mid-Agusut for 3 days before heading onto Prague. I understand there's lots to do in Prague, however I was wondering if there are any day trips I can take from Budapest to smaller towns in Hungary to get more of a local culture?

Any recommendations for must-do day trips?

Also, anybody know about taking the river cruise from Budapest to Prague instead of taking a train?

Many thanks in advance.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
38,278 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 days in Budapest & day trips

IMO three days in Budapest isn't near enough time to enjoy the city so a day trip somepleace else isn't a good idea.

But, you could go to Eger to the Valley of the Beautiful Women for wine tasting, or to Szentendre to explore. We went by boat.

Pjk

2. Re: 3 days in Budapest & day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:35 pm, July 17, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,550 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 days in Budapest & day trips

Hello as594

I agree with only 3 short days in Budapest you will barely be able to cover the must see sights and I am afraid a day trip is not a great idea, if you really want to try and experience most of what Budapest has to offer.

Trust me you will not be bored with only 3 short days in Budapest

I do not believe there is any navigable river cruise between Budapest and Prague so definitely take the train

Best

SEBESZ

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
33 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 3 days in Budapest & day trips

Hi

I was in Budapest last week for about 4 days. Took the Danube Bend tour on the last day. It's a 9 hour tour by airconditioned bus including a 1 hour return by boat. It passes through nice countryside through 3 villages including Szentendre and Eztergom where we had lunch. The former was the last stop and while there are many souvenir shops and tourists I enjoyed the old streets. Out of Prague you MUST try to get to Cesky Krumlov. Enchanting.

Pauline

5. Re: 3 days in Budapest & day trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 14, 2014