We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

As I plan my trip this summer to Budapest I am looking into perhaps visting a Spa

If you would pick one, which would it be and why

I am not a SPA person so Id be more visiting as a tourist not as a SPA person

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, World Cup, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Hello Howard

Now when you say Spa are you referring to one of Budapest's famous Bath houses or a true spa experience i.e. ( massage, body treatments, etc. etc.)

If it is the former I would go with and recommend Szechenyi hands down and the Csaszar Baths/ Veli Bej baths a runner up.

If it is the later the either the spa at the Four Seasons or the Corinthia Hotel both are excellent venues with superior service with the Four Seasons edging out the Corinthia on view and ambiance and the Corinthia edging out the FS on treatments.

Enjoy

SEBESZ

Edited: 7:21 pm, May 24, 2013
Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
33,812 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

We've only been to two but +1 for the Szechenyi Baths. Be prepared to stay longer than you had planned.

Pjk

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

One of the Famous Bathouses of Budapest not a hotel Spa where they pamper you

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, World Cup, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Hello Howard

I would go with and recommend Szechenyi hands down and the Csaszar Baths/ Veli Bej baths as runner up. You may also want to look at Rudas all can easily be researched her on TA so you can pick your fave.

Maybe this link you will find helpful too http://www.spasbudapest.com/

Enjoy

SEBESZ

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Anything about Gellert. From the pictures I saw it seems indoors and quite an interesting building

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Hello Howard

Gellert is nice too take a look at the link in post #4 all I can do is give you my choice like you asked for, but Gellert is nice too has a pretty nice wave pool.

If you are there for long enough why not try them both Szechenyi and Gellert both are marvelous structures both offer indoor and outdoor pools so really what strikes your fancy.

Enjoy

SEBESZ

New York City
Level Contributor
4,686 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Are these places just pools?

Or are they like Hot Springs type places with warm warm that refreshes the body

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Howard

Both actually and yes they are thermal spring fed waters baths and yes some feel they have incredible healing and medicinal values based on your train of thought. For instance at Szechenyi they have 3 outdoor pools 15 indoor pools and 10 sauna and steam chambers. All of varying degrees of temperature.

Each bath house has a different chemical composition as to its spring fed water containing everything from calcium, magnesium, hydrogen-carbonate as well as sulphate-chloride, some containing sodium and some with a high content of fluoride ions.

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

boston
Level Contributor
34 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

I will be in Budapest in early July. Will the thermal baths be refreshing or too warm for that time of year?

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,337 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you had to pick one Spa, which would it be??

Hello sstg

Very refreshing and nice you will have a good time.

You may also want to look at Palatinus Strand out on Margaret Island make a day of it with some water and a nice stroll around the island taking in the views and people, lots do and see while there.

Best

SEBESZ