We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi in Budapest

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong
7 posts
Save Topic
Taxi in Budapest

Hi,

I am thinking about taking an Eurolines bus from Vienna airport to Budapest nepliget hst. 4. With 2 large lugguages and altogether two persons, is it easy to get a cheap taxi to go to city centre József krt. 4. at around 10pm? Is it safe? Is it expensive to take taxi in Budapest?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
8 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Taxi in Budapest

Hi, the cheapest taxi company is www.taxiplus.hu. I recommend them. You can order The taxi via phone and they are there for you in 10 mins.

For the topic by bus to Vienna from Budapest. The best way to get to Vienna is the train. There are quite favourable price for a return ticket around EUR 25 and it takes 3 hours. You can check the possibilities on www.elvira.hu.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
45 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Taxi in Budapest

I used Alajos two weeks ago to pick up my family from the airport. All was fine, but then he left us high and dry at the hotel on the morning we were headed back to the airport. I had email confirmation from him and thought we were all settled. Very disappointed to say the least. Use him with caution.

23. Re: Taxi in Budapest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 2:35 am, July 16, 2013
Edited: 2:35 am, July 16, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
4,974 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Taxi in Budapest

Is this the Alajos we are told speaks perfect English?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
45 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Taxi in Budapest

I want to post an update in regards to my issue with Alajos Pulai. We have communicated regarding the issue of not being picked up as scheduled. Alajos confirmed that we did in fact have a time scheduled, but he had read my email while in his taxi and honestly had forgotten to put our pick up time in his date book. Honest mistake. His apology was sincere and everything is all good. We all make mistakes and life goes on. He even offered to somehow give me a refund for my trip from the airport to our hotel which did go off without a hitch. I appreciated the offer. Give him a chance if you are in Budapest. If anyone should question my post, I have kept all communication between Alajos and myself via TripAdvisor.

Save Reply
26. Re: Taxi in Budapest

Hi guys, i will be at the bus station at about 10pm. I will NOT have a phone ( way too expensive) and my hotel cant book a taxi for me. Is emailing the taxi company an option. Im a lone female traveller and my first time in Hungary. Once again a phone is not an option. Thanks for yr help.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,486 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Taxi in Budapest

This is tricky. Do you mean email ahead of time to arrange a booking? The problem with that will be waiting time ... the buses arrive late, sometimes very late, and there's no system for the taxi company or driver to find out when they will arrive, If it were me, I would want to have an arrangement with a specific driver, not a taxi company. Email with that driver will give you a chance to arrange directly with the person who will pick you up and work out a system for dealing with contingencies and planning a flat rate cost. It also should give you a telephone number of the driver that you can call in case he is not there when you arrive or in case something comes up. Even without a phone you will be on a bus and in a bust station filled with people with phones and you should, in a pinch, pretty easily find someone who will let you use theirs for a single call (you can offer to pay a euro for it if all else fails).

Save Reply
28. Re: Taxi in Budapest

Hi thanks so much for yr reply. I dont mind using a private driver, would you recommend anyone?

29. Re: Taxi in Budapest

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10:35 am, August 15, 2013
30. Re: Taxi in Budapest

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 17, 2014