We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near the Christmas Markets.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
381 posts
Save Topic
hotels near the Christmas Markets.

Hi All,

I am thinking of visiting Budapest his year for the Christmas markets and was wondering if anyone could recommend some hotels to stay at that are beside the markets, budget would be €100-€150 per night.

Also if I am visiting the city is this the best place to base myself or should I look to stay in a different area?

Thanks,

JD

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,079 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near the Christmas Markets.

Hi JD11,

Nothing like planning well ahead. This question has been asked many times here - so you may want to do a search. You'll be in solid shape with that budget in terms of getting a nice place. And the hotels are busy that time of the year, so advance planning is well heeded.

You might want to share what is important to you in terms of a hotel. Do you have certain musts, don't likes, etc? Within 500 meters (or less) of the market you have many hotels to select from, including some I think are worth a look: Marriott, Intercontinental (both offer excellent views of riverfront, palace, castle district, etc.), LeMeridien, Marriott Millenium, Fashion Hotel, Kempinski, Gerloczy Hotel, Buddha Hotel, Starlight Suites, etc,.

Lot's to select from. Sharing your wants/desires will help narrow the possibilities.

All the best,

Jeremy

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
24,287 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near the Christmas Markets.

+1 for the Starlight Suiten Hotel. It's right behind the ultra chic Four Seasons Gresham Palace.

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g274887-d281…

3. Re: hotels near the Christmas Markets.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 17, 2014