We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

Manchester
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

Hi could anyone help me, I am trying to find out what budapest airport is like? Is it as big as Manchester Airport?

I want to buy myself a few bottles of perfume, would it be cheaper to get some from Manchester on the way, or to get from Budapest on my way back?

Generally just want to know if i should spend at Man or Bud

Also I arrive this Saturday with my partner, we get there around 6pm. And Leave early tuesday morning, So we have 2 and a half days there, Would you say £300 english money, thats 96,000 Forint be enough to last us? That is for both of us, not each!

Thanks anyone who can help

Natasha

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
3,142 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

Hi Natasha,

I was just in the airport earlier this week. If this helps you at all, I saw a bottle of CK One perfume for 58 Euros. You may be able to use that versus the Manchester Airport prices as a baseline......

I think your amount of money should be fine, but it's not clear what your likes are concerning restaurants, pubs, etc. Are you planning on eating fancy or normal places?

Best,

Jeremy

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

Hi , me and my wife just got back from Budapest last Friday we were there for 5 days took £600 and came back over £100, if using public transport a 72h Budapest card is 7900 Ft per person, a more accurate answer depends on your plans.

Regards

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

Hi , me and my wife just got back from Budapest last Friday we were there for 5 days took £600 and came back over £100, if using public transport a 72h Budapest card is 7900 Ft per person, a more accurate answer depends on your plans.

Regards

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

Update to my previous post there is a cheaper travel card I've just been in formed, the Budapest card mentioned above may give you discounted entry to places but appears to be over 3000 ft more expensive

5. Re: Budapest Airport prices, Perfume, Cigarettes, Spending Money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 30, 2014