We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prague, Vienna, Budapest and maybe Munich in 15 days ??

Montreal, Canada
5 posts
Save Topic
Prague, Vienna, Budapest and maybe Munich in 15 days ??

Hi everyone,

Me and my girlfriend just booked our flight from June 17th to July 2nd, landing in Prague and flying back from Budapest, which gives us 15 days.

Reading through the forums, I get the feeling that 15 days in these three cities seem a bit much as some people recommend only 3-4 days in Prague, 2 in Vienna and 3-4 in Budapest.

So I was thinking on maybe adding a 4th destination since the public transportation system in europe is great. (Been to France, Italy and Germany, so we are used to travelling)..

So for that 4th city I was thinking of adding maybe Munich for a couple days, or maybe instead Berlin if I were to take a train there when I land in Prague and come back to Prague after berlin, then Vienna , then Budapest?..Or if you have any other cities instead of Munich or Berlin, let me know!..

What do you guys suggest I do as an itinerary with 15 days?... We are interested in pretty much everything, architecture, food, museums, sightseeing, (if there is a beach or a relaxation spot somewhere along the way, my girlfriend would be happy..:)...

Thanks!

Edited: 11:53 am, February 28, 2013
Pecs, Hungary
Level Contributor
87 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prague, Vienna, Budapest and maybe Munich in 15 days ??

Hi HuguesDen01,

if I understood well, the 15 days cover the travelling between the cities, too. This means that you have less than 15 days for the cities.

On the other hand 15 days is not too much ifyou have such a wide interest as described. I mean that you can easily spend 4-5 days or more in each of these cities. They are full with interesting museums, food, architecture etc.

I do not recommend to add a 4th city.

If you want a beach, take Lake Balaton. It is approx. 100 km from Budapest.

You can also have a look at the sorrounding smaller, but very nice cities. E.g. Szentendre, Esztergom, Gödöllő around Budapest.

So, I would suggest to visit "only" Prague, Budapest and Vienna. You will not be bored :-), I promise :-)

Pecs, Hungary
Level Contributor
87 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prague, Vienna, Budapest and maybe Munich in 15 days ??

I suppose you have read a forum where somebody had only 8-10 days for the three cities. E.g. 2 days for Vienna is irrealistic. Vienna has a lot of museums, historical buildings, nice parks etc. I suppose you do not fly to Europe weekly. I have been to Vienna at least 5 times (1-3 days each) and still can find a lot of interesting areas, museums, attractions.

If you consider only the well known things: Hundertwasser, Schönbrunn, Prater, Freud Museum, St. Stephens Cathedral, Belvedere, Museumsquartier etc.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,000 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prague, Vienna, Budapest and maybe Munich in 15 days ??

Last year we did 4 days in Krakow, 3 days in Prague, 4 days in Vienna, 3 days in Budapest and this year we are doing 12 nights in Vienna and 29 in Budapest because there is so much more to see.

4. Re: Prague, Vienna, Budapest and maybe Munich in 15 days ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 02, 2014