We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

Belfast
Level Contributor
114 posts
394 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

I'm going to Budapest in a couple of weeks time and was wondering if anyone can recommend restaurants which would be good on a Friday night which would accommodate a group of 9 and be reasonably priced with a decent choice of food?

Any recommendations on good, lively bars to go to would be much appreciated too!

Thanks

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,790 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

On our first trip Jeremy Irons had his birthday party at the Gerloczy hotel and restaurant. There was certainly more than 9 people and the food there is very good.

Pjk

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

Hello Belfastguy

With a group of nine it is never easy to please all their likes and wants that's for sure.

But let me suggest the Trofea Grill there are 3 locations throughout the city and it is a large buffet operation with a set price for all you can drink and eat. Not being sure where you are staying I have included the link so you could see which one may be closest for you. http://www.trofeagrill.com/index_eng.php

Additionally the food is not the best in the city but it is pretty darn good, and offers a large array of items.

The Fried Chicken is particularly good.

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
2,954 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

Hey Belfastguy,

Any specific food the group is after, or any types that are off limits? Budapest has lots of different kitchens to offer. A few that come to mind that might be fun for a group include: (all should have review here on TA)

- Sir Lancelot's - cold beer, solid food (lots of various meats), and a fun atmosphere for a group. Solid pricing as well. Close to Nygati in Pest.

- Cafe Vyan - sits on Liszt Ferenc ter among many other restaurants and pubs. The square is popular with locals and tourists. The Cafe has solid food and a decent atmosphere and service. Eat there and drop into the one of many bars on the square (I like Cactus Juice across Andrassy). Close to Octagon in Pest.

- iguana's - solid Mexican restaurant with some non-Mexican food. Think burgers, ribs, etc outside of the tacos, fajitas,etc. The atmosphere is lively on many nights and the bar is a good one. I see larger groups in here all the time. Close to Parlament.

What types of bars are you after? Traditional pubs, music, etc?

Best,

Jeremy

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,385 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

Belfastguy,

For good bars on a Friday definitely hit some of Budapest's famed ruin pubs some that are pretty good are Simpla Kert , Instant and I really liked Corvinteto all are great times and offer music and good lively crowds with very reasonably priced drinks.

A couple of other bars that are pretty good are Jack Doyle's we were in on a weekend and it was quite lively with some rocking traditional Irish music.

For Sale pub live music and decent food always a good mix of people too.

Also their is A38 an old ship converted into a bar right on the Danube good food great music lots of dancing and is always packed especially on a Friday night.

All of these are easily searchable on the TA pages so you can se which ones you may like.

Hope this helped

SEBESZ

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,858 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

what is the age range of the group ...

Belfast
Level Contributor
114 posts
394 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

Sorry for only responding now but thank you all for your advice!

We are a group in our early 30s...it will be hard to cater for everybody's tastes but somewhere which does a range of food and bars with a good atmosphere/music etc should suit most of us! I will check out some of the recommendations you have all given me.

Thanks,

7. Re: Restaurants & Barss catering for groups

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 28, 2014