We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

Hey,

I'm a solo british traveller spending three days in Budapest as part of a wee mini euro tour. Sooooo excited! As it's the first part of my journey I'm really interested in how much to budget as i don't want to leave myself short for the latter part of my trip. I've sorted my accommodation already so i just need cash for sightseeing, eating out in the evenings, and possibly some souvenir shopping. I love street food and plan to make my own breakfast/snacks. Any advice on budget would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks in advance..............

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

Hello kirsty b

It is really a tough question not knowing the type of budget you want to go with and the things you want to do and the places you wish to eat.. As I am sure you know you can go living the high life or an a more conservative tighter one.

Take a look at the top question area at the top of the page it should help give you an outline and then come back with any specific questions and we are all here to help you out

Enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

Hi SEBESZ

I was hoping to spend around £200. I'm a budget traveller and I'm happy roaming the streets and getting a feel for a place, but I definitely want to visit:

Thermal baths

Parliament

Buda Castle

Heroes Square

Grand Market Hall

St Stephens

Go for cake!

Eating out is not a huge priority, but i plan to have at least one mid priced evening meal whilst i'm there and possibly go out for some drinks one evening. Do you think I've budgeted enough???

Thanks

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Food and Travel, World Cup, Holiday Travel, Spa Vacations, Olympics, Outdoors / Adventure Travel
Level Contributor
4,412 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

Kirsty b

Yes it may be tight depending on how much shopping you do at the market hall and if you are not like me (How much Kreme and cake you can eat LOL)

But overall you should be ok with your accommodations already taken care of. So yes £66 per day being you are a self proclaimed budget traveler you should be alright, but again it really depends on you.

Do so enjoy your trip

SEBESZ

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

Thanks very much for your advice! :-)

5. Re: Budget - 3 Days in Budapest......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 16, 2014