We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Budapest

Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
First time in Budapest

Hello,

We are on our way to budapest in June for 2 nights staying at the Hotel Matyas.

Can you please suggest things we should see and do while we are in Budapest?

Also is the Hotel Matyas close to cafes/restaurants?

Any info would be great!

Mentioned in this post
Matyas Hotel
Matyas Hotel
31 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
849 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Budapest

hi,

well, if hotel mátyás is the hotel what i've found on net, and its at mátyásföld, in the 16.th district, than, well, i cant say too much about it (cafés, restaurant, etc), coz im not too familiar with that area. its pretty far from the city center. if you want to go to váci utca (main shopping road) it takes minimum around an hour to get there. first with the hev, than with the metro, than some walking. its even more far away from the buda castle. so be prepared to travel quite much. and staying just 2 nights here is not much, theres a lot to see and do. go to baths, take a sightseeing tour, see what you havent see during the tour, visit the parliament, take a walk in városliget, so lots of things. :)

s-tee

Belgium
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Budapest

Hi Stella!

My opinion its a big mistake to book a hotel. They are so expensive and you get only 6 sqm space to live:) In April we spend a wonderful time in Golden Stars Apartment:

…hoteltargets.com/budapest-apartment-accommo…

Its a really hudge place completely in the downtown with a hotel feeling!:) Its much cheeper then any hotel and all Budapest attractions at your hands. By walk you can chose between Gellert and Rudas Termal Baths, get the feeling of Vaci Utca, Duna Corso and much more! So we saved a lot on public transport too.

My recommendation that for next time try to search for apartments instead of hotels:)

Charlotte
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Budapest

Hello Dries,

Could you tell me if the apartment if in a family oriented area? We want to avoid the Stag party crowds.