We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wine tasting

manchester
Level Contributor
135 posts
104 reviews
Save Topic
Wine tasting

about 5 years ago i visited budapest and visted a wine tasting celler where you paid a fee and then given a glass and 2 hours to sample as much as you wanted. I cant remember the name but think it was run by the hungarian marketing board. I remember it being not far from the castle.

Could anyone help with the name or if its still there,

Taste Hungary
Private Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings , Food Tours, Cooking Classes, Day Trips
Travel Guide Hungary - Private tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Walking Tours, Food Tours, Private Tours, Cultural Tours
City and Wine - Tours
Wine Tours & Tastings , Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Tasting Table
Wine Bars, Cooking Classes, Wine Tours & Tastings
Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wine tasting

Is this the one?

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g274887-…

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
197 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wine tasting

Or this?

Faust Wine Cellar

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g274887-d1…

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
36,099 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wine tasting

We did an unofficial wine-tasting at the Faust wine seller and enjoyed it. We just had the sommalier suggest three different wines one after the other, red, white, and rose, rather than do one of the official tastings. It was great fun and I think part of the enjoyment is simply going down, and down, into the celler.

We finally did a wine tasting at the House of Wines and were disappointed. We'd do the former again somedau but probably not the latter.

Pjk

manchester
Level Contributor
135 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wine tasting

It must be as I read the review about it changing and not the same as it used to be. think i would be disappointed as I went when it was the old hungarian house of wine 2 hours of bliss. Suppose it had to change all good things come to an end and must have been costing them lots letting slushes like me loose for 2 hours. Thanks anyway.

5. Re: Wine tasting

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, December 16, 2013