We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danubius Astoria Hotel and surrounding area

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lincolnshire,England
Level Contributor
404 posts
74 reviews
Save Topic
Danubius Astoria Hotel and surrounding area

Hi

My partner and myself are travelling to Budapest on 12th Nov. We are staying at the Danubius Astoria, , Kossuth Lajos u. 19-21

Are there any mini-marts/supermarkets nearby where we can buy nibbles? Also should we buy alcohol at the airport when we arrive/on the plane or buy in Budapest.

Last thing, are there any recommended restaurants nearby as we would want an evening meal before getting holed in at the hotel for the night.

Penzance
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Danubius Astoria Hotel and surrounding area

Hi Redmin,The hotel Astoria is in a very central area for doing shopping for your nibbles and alcohol.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,670 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Danubius Astoria Hotel and surrounding area

What sort of restaurant would please you ... I'd consider, say, the Gerloczy, the Castro, the Central, the Alibi, in mid-rang places ... you can get pricier, or more touristy, or even very high end without going more than 1/2 mile or so. I would, however, not choose to eat at the (historic and in some ways lovely) hotel dining room.

Edited: 6:30 pm, November 06, 2012
3. Re: Danubius Astoria Hotel and surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, November 13, 2013