We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Danube Cruise question

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
1,506 posts
231 reviews
Save Topic
Danube Cruise question

I just got the greenlight from DH to book a Danube Cruise for June 2013. We are looking at VIking Cruises, are there any other cruise lines we should be looking at? See you in June!

Scotch Plains, NJ
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Danube Cruise question

My husband and I are on the AMA Prima leaving 5/22 from Budapest to Prague. Is that when you're sailing? We arrive in Budapest on 5/20 and are looking for folks to share some private tours. Interested?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
14,571 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Danube Cruise question

If you only have one day (21st) then do some research and see, of all the things that you could do in Budapest, what interests you. Personally I would not want to hook up with strangers who have their own ideas of what to see and do. Depending on where you are staying you will probably be centrally located enough to get around on your own though I'm sure the hotel would sell sightseeing too. Perhaps look around on the Budapest forum. There certainly is lots to do.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Danube Cruise question

If you are seeking people to tour with go to Cruise Critic website and find your ship and your cruise. It is easier ti find others who are on your cruise who might want to share. You can post and respond to posts if you are a member. Membership is free.

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1 post
197 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Danube Cruise question

We have done both the Prague to Budapest and Budapest to Bucharest trips on AMA Waterways. Both were excellent especially the latter on the AmaPrima which is only 1 year old. It is a great way to see both the major cities and the smaller towns in the country side.

An additional tip is on the latter cruise you end up in Rousse, Bulgaria. We wanted a few extra days in Bucharest so we booked our own transport to Rousse to Bucharest on line with DEMAR Taxi. They were great - 6 passenger van, on time, an English speaking driver and very reasonable fare.

Edited: 11:19 pm, August 07, 2014
25. Re: Danube Cruise question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 09, 2015