We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

I am looking to do a bit of travelling for the first time, although for a bit of a short duration. Is it possible to do Vienna and Budapest in this time- do I also include Salzburg? If so, how many days would I split between the cities/areas. What do you recommend seeing? Looking to Stay at hostels and will be flying from uk. So, Where would be cheaper/easier to fly to and to return from? Any tips much appreciated. Pretty much a newbie! Lookin to travel around 5 December, give or take.

Shall I travel from UK to Vienna or UK to Budapest? Thanks

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

Vienna and Bpest are 3.25 hours apart by train, the cost is < 20 euros I believe.

Of course it would be better to fly into one and out of the other, but that very much depends on where you live (your profile doesn't say).

I suggest you look at the Ryanair/ Easyjet/ Wizzair websites to find out what is possible.

Salzburg is not really a goer, you won't have enough time.

6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

Hi

I am from uk. Travelling from birmingham. I am now thinking of Doing six nights/7days- Budapest, Vienna, salzburg/Bratislava. Is this doable? What is the best itinerary to be able to get to all areas? And how many days shall I dedicate to each area? Will prob fly from uk to Budapest and return to uk from Budapest.

Is it best to just buy train tickets on the day at the station?

Budapest, Hungary
Destination Expert
for Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
12,637 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

If you are happy with the type of visit which ticks a box i.e. of the 'If it's Tuesday it must be Belgium' type, then it is doable. But like any city, you need time to see it and understand it.

Could you see Brum properly in 1.5 days ?

perth west australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

We have just come back from all your destinations, (not Salzberg) I would allow 4-5 days in Vienna and Budapest and maybe an overnighter in Bratsalvia. Budapest is a top place esp and you should allow time here. First thing in each city is to do a free walking tour (see other posts) this will get you up running esp so in Budapest.....enjoy, Catch the train .

5. Re: 4/5 days in Budapest/Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 23, 2013