We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
352 posts
612 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Could do with help with nearest mall, also are shops open on Sunday on main streets ?

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Correct, will be active within a few minutes.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

It will work immediately; in my experience the raters shift around a fair amount and there have been times when each of the three providers has the best pre-pay subscriptions; over the long haul I have found Telenor slightly better, but it depends a good bit on usage patterns (texts versus calls, for instance), and the difference is not enough to bother about.

My experience is also that neither T-mobile nor Telenor makes a big deal about residence, but both require passports from non-residents. Telenor makes it somewhat easier to use their sim cards outside hungary if you hope toi travel with it and roam (T-mobile doesn't permit roaming for recently purchased cards at all, or at least that was true the last time i bought one).

T-mobile is the official partner for the iPhone, but any data card will work just fine if you have an iphone, from any of the three providers (if your iphone accepts a 3rd party sim card, as unlocked ATT phones and 4gs and 5 iphones from Verizon and Sprint I believe do).

All ipads are unlocked by the way.

You can replenish the cards at any ATM (though it would be good if someone can confirm that this works with ATM cards from banks outside Hungary).

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

@John

Incorrect, this has been available since '04. You can use your T-Mobile Hungary SIM anywhere.

Activate: *104#

Deactivate: *105#

It requires a minimum of 1125 HUF. To clarify on the iPhones usability:

iPhone 3 - 4 (GSM Carriers - AT&T Only)

iPhone 4S - 5 (GSM/CDMA Cariers - AT&T, Verizon, Sprint)

Edited: 3:45 pm, October 14, 2012
nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

sorry @t, that's not my experience; T-0Mobile, like the others, requires validation of its SIM for use outside Hungary; it is free and available but the cards do not automatically come with it and the process for doing it, when you buy the card outside a T-Mobile shop is complicated because it requires, or at least did a year ago, that you respond to a letter that they mail to the mailing address you give them; and the letter is in Hungarian

After some period of time, the codes that you mention work fine; but on a newly purchased card it has to be switched on within the account (or, again, this was true when i last did it last summer).

And do note, that GSM iPhones 3 and 4 must be unlocked if they are to work with a carrier other than ATT. ATT will unlock them for you if they are more than a year old, but the process is not foolproof.

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Maybe they know you're up to no good John. ;)

In all seriousness, I haven't run into any of the issues you mentioned and the codes I mentioned work fine (both on month-month and prepaid for T-Mobile). For instance, I used my Hungarian SIM in Croatia since I was too lazy to do get one there. (2007-Present)

Edited: 4:54 pm, October 14, 2012
26. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 pm, December 15, 2013