We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
1,445 reviews
Save Topic
Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Could do with help with nearest mall, also are shops open on Sunday on main streets ?

luton
Destination Expert
for Luton
Level Contributor
2,166 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

when you say a mall Ian ,what exactly do you need to buy?

if you turn right and right again from the front of the zichy you will reach the ring road in 70 M

there are shops all the way around this

if you turn right you will hit Kalvin ter ,the great market and vaci utca

if you turn left you will get to blahia luz ter ,keep going and you get to margeret island

there are shops all along this road

tony

Hungary
Level Contributor
2,636 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

The closest mall would be West End, http://www.westend.hu/en/home/. Also, to answer your other question - yes.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
39 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Westend City Center will be the closest.

In there (and in all malls) shops close a little bit earlier on Sundays though. At around 7-8 pm.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,221 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Closest is a funny word...WestEnd is easiest and most tourist friendly, but actually Arena is closest (and altthough less upscale it has a Tesco which WestEnd does not) and Lurdy Haz is about as close as westEnd and equally easy to reach, but much smaller and more local. So Tony is right to ask Ian what lies behind the question...what are you looking for and what do you mean by closest?

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
462 posts
1,445 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

My wife is just a shopaholic, clothes, bags anything. She will shop while I will sight see at some point.

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

The best mall to split your tours is undeniably WestEnd shopping mall. There are some nice sights to see around Nyugati train station (including the station itself, planned by the Eiffel office), and the mall is right next to the station so you can easily kill two birds with one stone (how nicer it would be to have 'feed' in this proverb..). This is also the mall that is the fastest to approach by public transport from Zichy.

If you venture to the Buda side, further ahead, you can combine Mammut mall for your wife and the Buda Castle area for you to see museums, etc. Of course, Vaci utca as a shopping street would keep her very busy too, and there are some nice buildings to see along the street.

Edited: 10:14 am, October 09, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Buda Castle
Buda Castle
6,333 Reviews
Budapest, Hungary
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Can't help you with shopping but can tell you we walked everywhere from our hotel the Palazzo Vichy. We walked from PV to the Buda side and back several times. About 20-30 minutes. Because we walked we encountered many shops, restaurants and cafes along Vaci Utca. We walked even across the bridges. Great hotel by the way.

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,371 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Which malls would have electronics stores or similar, where I could buy a SIM card? Or are there separate stores that sell SIM cards? I'l be staying on the Pest side next summer, but don't know exactly where yet.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,181 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

Emily, I dont have answers to those questions sorry as we did not shop on our last trip. We are staying this time for 4 weeks and have rented an apartment behind the Parliament Building.

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,221 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nearest shopping mall to Palazzo Zichy

It won't be a problem; once you know where you are staying there will be somewhere very nearby; in general, the electronics stores would not be the best place to buy a SIM card ... go to one of the shops owned most directly by one of the three mobile phone companies ... T-mobile, Vodaphone, Telenor

It is extremely cheap and extremely easy to get a SIM card that works within Hungary; less so for a card that works outside Hungary while roaming (and basically impossible, I think, unless purchased at one of the company stores); for within-Hungary use, there are even some supermarkets that i have seen selling SIM cards, but again, you'll be best served going to a company-owned shop ... and once you know where you'll be it's easy to find the closest

Mentioned in this post
Hungary
Hungary
Europe