We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Markets and Second hand shops

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
374 posts
159 reviews
Save Topic
Markets and Second hand shops

Travelling to Budapest in September for 5 nights . Does anybody know of any markets in the area or second hand shops that are worth a visit .

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,706 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

We don't know specifically what you are looking for. But, if it is just "surprise" shopping, the streets that head east from the Korut starting about at the Corintia Hotel and going all the way to Andrassy Utca have all kinds of second hand stores ranging from antiques, books, art, clothes, etc., etc., etc. Happy hunting!

nyc, usa
Destination Expert
for Budapest
Level Contributor
8,215 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

Where will you be staying and what sorts of thing interest you?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

Gazo - I'm glad you posted this question! I'll be meeting my parents up in Budapest in a couple weeks and my dad asked me to do some research for this leg of the trip, one being any second had shops that sell watches or jewelry. They'll be returning home after Budapest, but I'll be continuing on to Prague, Vienna, Munich, and Zurich, if anyone knows if there are better finds in those cities. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
Prague
Prague
Bohemia, Czech Republic
Vienna
Vienna
Vienna Region, Austria
Munich
Munich
Upper Bavaria, Germany
Zurich
Zurich
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
466 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

Hi there, I can see that this reply is coming for you late, but maybe for another your will find it useful (or those who search for thrift shopping, second hand shops in Budapest on the forum)

topbudapest.org/thrift-shopping-in-budapest

Mentioned in this post
Budapest
Budapest
Central Hungary, Hungary
manchester UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

I saw a couple of 2nd hand shops with flags of the UK and Holland on the windows. I wondered why that was the case - is it because the stock is from the UK and Holland?

Gambrills, MD
Destination Expert
for Fussen
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

Could it be to indicate that the shopkeepers speak English and Dutch?

7. Re: Markets and Second hand shops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 16, 2013