We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night train from Budapest to Split

Which Budapest hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Meath
8 posts
Save Topic
Night train from Budapest to Split

Hi

I'm looking to pre-book my tickets for the night train from Budapest to Split.

Is it cheaper to buy a return ticket rather than a single?

And where can I book these tickets in advance.

Thanks

82 replies to this topic
Birmingham, Michigan
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
71. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Hi, I'm trying to find out where I can reserve a sleeper car for the night train going from Budapest to Split this June. I've managed to find the timetable so I know the train does exist but can't find where to book anywhere! Even called up the Hungarian train company and they didn't know either. Does anyone have any idea? Thanks. Frances

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
28,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
72. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Please refer to answer no. 1 above - it is still valid.

Paris, France
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
73. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Hello all !

I'm looking for this night train from Budapest to Split but I can't find it !

I tried on MAV website, which told me there is no results to my research and then here I can't find it either elvira.mav-start.hu/gyik.htm#jegyajanlataink

What tips would you have to go from Budapest to Split?

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
74. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Hello

i am looking some way to go from budapest to split, and the train takes too much. is there a bus option? is it safe to go by car? isnt it to expensive?

i want to travel the 31/5 pl help!

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
75. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Hi, just to let you know that the link in question 1 has expired. We can only seem to book the train on acprail.com and it is quite expensive there, about 115 euro is cheapest ticket and I don't think that includes a cabin. If anyone could guide us to a cheaper site eg. mav-start that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. (we also tried db bahn which has the train, but it says you cant book it online, only by phone! Thanks again.

Edited: 6:57 pm, July 01, 2015
Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
76. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Have a look at number 6 for a link, otherwise the information hasn't changed much.

Level Contributor
6 posts
261 reviews
Save Reply
77. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Is it still running? I'd like to get to the Split from Budapest around 12 september, but couldn't have find any current informations about connection and prices. Could somebody help me?

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
28,232 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
78. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

It will run every Tuesday and Friday in the late season (i.e. September), departing Keleti at 1645, arriving in Split at 0654

A return ticket costs €79.50 plus a supplement as follows:

Couchette:

6 berth €9.40

4 berth €14.00

Sleeping car:

3 berth (Tourist) €15.40

2 berth (Double) €23.10

1 berth (Single) €53.90 but for this you need to get a first class travel ticket which is €119.20

All the sleeping compartments are identical, they just have a different number of berths folded down. www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/CZ/CD_WLABmee.php

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
79. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

I was just wondering about taking the return journey from Split to Budapest, whether it can be booked online beforehand? Or if still Croatian journeys cannot be booked online. Thanks!

London, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
80. Re: Night train from Budapest to Split

Hi,

Seems like there are a lot of people on here that have experienced problems and a lot that have not. Unfortunately I am one of the former. I know there is a 60 day booking policy prior to travel however I thought I would give it a go to see what came up on ANY OF THE OTHER DAYS that the train should be running within the time limit and am getting the red error message every time. I have even created an account as thought this could be the issue.

I have been thinking about buying the tickets in Hungary before we leave but am unsure about availability. Has anyone had any success in 2016 with buying tickets with this train on this unbelievably temperamental website?

Thanks,

Rohan

Reply to: Night train from Budapest to Split
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted